Viral video, that’s what it’s all about…proper?
Nope. For most companies, crucial factor is to ensure that your video reaches your audience.
But when your video incorporates delicate and even confidential info, what then? How do you ensure that solely the best folks see your content material?
While there are many causes you may want to interact in safe video sharing, inner communications is likely one of the commonest.
If you’re already utilizing video for inner communications (or considering of beginning) to share updates and interact your workforce, then video safety is undoubtedly in your thoughts.
This is true for an increasing number of organizations immediately than it was even a couple of months in the past. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and the weird circumstances it’s wrought for everybody, extra firms have gone absolutely (if briefly) distant and are scrambling to work out what meaning and the way to maintain issues operating easily.
Your workforce could also be distant, however that doesn’t imply they’ve to really feel that approach. Password protected video sharing—and different safe video sharing choices like IP whitelisting or single sign-on (SSO)—may also help maintain your workforce linked, with management and each other.
- 1.Why Do You Need Secure Video Sharing?
- 2.Questions to Consider About Secure Video Sharing
- three.Password Protected Video Sharing and Other Ways to Secure a Video
- four.Where to Use Secure Video
- 5.What Videos Do I Need to Protect?
- 6.How a Private Video Sharing Platform Can Help
Why Do You Need Secure Video Sharing?
Not each video is destined for vast launch they usually don’t all belong on social channels. But why ought to you consider safe video sharing particularly?
Internal communications is likely one of the greatest use circumstances for safe video, for good cause. A stable safe video sharing answer makes it simpler for companies to successfully talk and collaborate (particularly with a primarily distant workforce). The finest instruments make it simpler for workers to join and interact.
Maintaining efficient traces of communication together with your workforce is a important a part of any profitable enterprise. It turns into more and more difficult when your workforce is adjusting to a distant work atmosphere, as is the case through the present world well being disaster.
When you may’t flip round and faucet somebody on the shoulder or get them to cease by your desk so you may present them how to do one thing, it turns into an increasing number of necessary to discover methods to ensure that these conversations and people connections can nonetheless occur.
But it’s not solely communications between coworkers that wants to maintain taking place. Your management additionally wants an efficient approach to ship safe and well timed updates to the workforce—particularly in a scenario the place issues are altering rapidly and other people want clear and correct info to make choices.
Traditional text-based communication can depart loads of room for interpretation. Video, then again, lets leaders embody necessary verbal and nonverbal cues of their comms to ensure that folks perceive the data they’re consuming. This is very important when info is delicate, as many messages throughout this time could also be. Additionally, safe video sharing can really be safer than conventional text-based communications that are simply copied.
The info you share with staff, or that colleagues share with each other, is usually confidential and never for public consumption.
Picture a strategic replace out of your government workforce and even an AMA together with your chief. Now consider undertaking updates, marketing campaign planning, design or code evaluations, and different issues your staff want to share with each other.
They’re all stuff you don’t need in your opponents’ fingers.
Secure video sharing options assist you make sure that your messages are seen by the best folks—and solely these folks.
Questions to Consider About Secure Video Sharing
If you’re considering that your group may have to arrange safe video sharing for inner comms functions, then you need to ask your self the next questions:
- Who am I speaking with?
- What kind of data do I want to share?
- What’s the target of sharing this info?
- Who wants to have the option to share info?
- How lengthy does that info want to be out there for?
- Is compliance a consider sharing this message?
- Who wants to approve the message?
- What is my price range?
- How will folks entry the data?
- What are the dangers of somebody outdoors of my supposed viewers seeing my message?
Secure video sharing could also be a great match to your wants in case you require a great deal of management over your message’s supply. Bonus: It’s additionally nice if you would like to interact staff in addition to inform them.
Password Protected Video Sharing and Other Ways to Secure a Video
Different organizations have totally different wants, which is why there isn’t only one approach to shield your movies.
Some of the commonest methods to share movies on-line privately:
- Anyone with the hyperlink can view
- Anyone with the password can view
- Only folks on a specified IP (your organization’s IP) can view
- Only folks on a specified IP and with the password can view
- Viewers should use single sign-on to log into an organization account so as to view
Vidyard for Internal Communications provides all the above choices to shield your movies.
Where to Use Secure Video
In each inner communications scenario, you’ll need to take into consideration the very best technique of communication and select your medium accordingly.
In most circumstances, face-to-face or in-person is taken into account the best choice because it permits the listener to choose up on each verbal and nonverbal cues. Following that’s oral (assume cellphone calls), which solely supply verbal cues. And lastly, there’s textual content, which lacks each necessary verbal and nonverbal cues.
Video is a more recent addition to the hierarchy and a sound one to think about because it provides lots of the similar advantages as in-person communication together with some advantages all its personal, comparable to the flexibility for the viewer to revisit and rewatch as wanted.
Depending on what you’re sharing, nonverbal clues could also be necessary to your workforce’s understanding of the message. This is very true in case your staff are all of a sudden distant and never used to not having in-person communication as an possibility.
So take into consideration your message, select your format, and go from there. You can (and will) use safe video in the identical locations you usually share different updates and comms together with your staff.
You can share safe inner communications movies in:
- Blasts to the company-wide electronic mail distribution checklist
- Updates on inner prompt messaging channels like Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Google Hangouts
- Posts on intranets, inner wikis, or different inner comms channels
- Links from coaching hubs or onboarding portals
What Videos Do I Need to Protect?
While you may shield just about any inner video, there are specific ones you’ll need to guarantee are at all times protected. These embody video messages containing confidential info or circumstances through which compliance is a consideration.
Types of inner communications movies it’s your decision to think about defending:
- Onboarding Videos
- Training Videos
- Updates and Video Announcements
- Walkthrough Videos
- Asynchronous Video Updates
- Troubleshooting Videos
- Livestreams or Recordings of Company-Wide Meetings
- Videos of Special Events
How a Private Video Sharing Platform Can Help
Vidyard is at present providing early entry to our new safe video sharing answer, Vidyard for Internal Communications.
To assist organizations through the uncertainty of the COVID-19 outbreak, this device will likely be out there totally free to any enterprise till June 30, 2020.
Vidyard for Internal Communications makes it straightforward for everybody who wants to keep linked to accomplish that—utilizing video. Vidyard lets leaders and staff each share and eat info.
Executives, leaders, and HR groups can ship necessary updates and staff can collaborate, even once they can’t be in the identical place.
Easily create new video messages utilizing your webcam to ship updates and bulletins, or rapidly report screenshare movies for undertaking kickoffs, design evaluations, and extra.
What Can You Do with Vidyard for Internal Comms?
- Upload Existing Videos: Already have coaching movies, FAQs, or different sources? You can add them to Vidyard to handle and share together with your workforce.
- Create New Videos: Easily create new video messages utilizing your webcam to ship necessary updates and bulletins, or rapidly report screenshare movies for undertaking kickoffs, design evaluations, and extra—all in just some clicks.
- Get Notified When Someone Views: When staff create and share movies with their colleagues, they’ll get notifications letting them know when somebody has watched, making it straightforward to follow-up with stakeholders or reply questions.
- Control Access: Keep your movies safe by controlling who has entry with dependable safety controls. Choose from password protected video sharing, IP whitelisting, SSO, and extra.
Learn extra and join Vidyard for Internal Communications immediately.