Trending content material on YouTube consists of a few of the most enjoyable movies on the platform, and likewise a few of the most fascinating to observe from an information evaluation standpoint. Tracking an revolutionary thought because it grows in momentum till it turns into a full-on energy pattern can open an entire field of content material concepts from influencers, manufacturers, and publishers. In the previous, we’ve highlighted how slime and “Baby Shark” uploads swept throughout the platform pulling in billions of viewers. Now let’s check out glitter movies!
Glitter was huge information in December 2018. Not solely was it the main target of the fifth-most considered video of the month on YouTube (producing a staggering 173M views), however it was all around the web, too. Superstar creator Mark Rober’s Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap made headlines when it was found components of the video have been closely staged. The consideration definitely helped Rober’s add because it attracted 55M views and 1.8M engagements. Some different information about glitter movies you might not be conscious of:
- Glitter movies have generated a complete of 13.8B views on YouTube
- There have been four.1B views on YouTube for glitter-related content material in 2018 in comparison with three.5B in 2017 — a rise of 17% YOY.
- Of these 13.8B complete YouTube views, 5.1B are for movies between 10-15 minutes lengthy.
- Glitter and slime content material generated 1.6B YouTube views in 2018.
- There have been 1.1B views for glitter movies on Facebook in 2018.
- Glitter movies on Facebook generated 2.3x the platform common for engagement.
- In 2018, there have been 2.8B views on Instagram and 20.3M views on Twitter for Glitter content material.
Glitter & Online Video: More Than Just Kids’ Content
It isn’t simply content material round glitter from kid-friendly channels which are drawing in the views (though the highest 5 most-viewed glitter-related uploads on YouTube are from these forms of creators). Getting inventive with glitter has sparked a craze throughout all genres and verticals on the platform with extra adult-centric micro-trends akin to glitter boobs, butts, and booty; glitter eyebrows, lips, and beards; glittering up your own home with DIY initiatives; glitter tongues; floral foam glitter; glitter freckles, and glitterage — or glitter balayage, that are highlights in your hair.
Mixing glitter and meals can also be a *factor* on social video, a lot in order that the FDA was pressured to subject a PSA warning individuals to not ingest glitter-made meals or drinks in the event that they weren’t completely positive that the substance was in truth 100% edible. Even Google acquired in on the act with this advert for Google Assistant:
Glitter Videos and Trends Are Exploding on YouTube
While glitter-focused movies have been round YouTube for a number of years, they’re nonetheless exploding (see what we did there?) on the platform. With ASMR content material nonetheless enormous on YouTube, it’s inevitable that some wildly-creative influencers fused a number of concepts collectively to provide you with some extremely revolutionary content material. Take “floral foam” glitter movies as an example. In one other tremendous ASMR-friendly pattern, creators are taking floral foam — a craft provide used in flower arranging that occurs to really feel very crunchy and squishy to the contact — and discovering methods to work glitter into the combination. They both then slice by it (therefore the ASMR hyperlink), or immerse it in water so it dissolves into a glittery sludge.
As odd as this pattern sounds, glitter floral foam movies generated 71.1M views on YouTube in 2018, with this add from Kluna Tik taking the highest spot with 25.2M views.
The Glitterati on YouTube: 13.4B Total Views & Rising
Of the 13.8B complete views for glitter content material on YouTube, uploads from influencer channels account for 13.4B of these views. The prime 5 most-viewed glitter movies on YouTube of all time are:
- Play Doh Sparkle – EnjoyableToys Collector Disney Toys Review – 591M
- Learn Colours With Ooze and Glitter Putty! – Baby Big Mouth – 547M
- Learn To Count with PLAY-DOH Numbers Squishy Glitter Foam – Candy Play TV – 226M
- Aprende los Colores con Pintura de Glitter – Los Juguetes Son Divertidos – 189M
- Glitter Christmas Tree Ornaments coloring and drawing for Kids – Jolly Toy Art – 173M
The prime 10 creators on YouTube for glitter content material in 2018 have been all from the “Kid’s Entertainment” class, and racked up the next view counts:
- Jolly Toy Art – 922M
- NaoFun Toys – 629M
- Los Juguetes Son Divertidos – 193M
- Kid Ink Toys – 167M
- ToyMoon TV – 166M
Using Tubular’s unique Performance Insights device, we are able to affirm that for the common size of glitter movies on YouTube uploaded in 2018, the overwhelming majority of views are for content material between 10-15 minutes. However, a staggering 1.9B views have been generated by content material that lasted between 15-20 minutes:
If you want maintaining with the most recent developments on YouTube, don’t miss our protection of slime movies in addition to that “Baby Shark” phenomenon!