Throughout 2018, Vidyard solidified group engagement programming and group initiatives, contributing to the constructing of a “give back” technique that conjures up others – and it’s all backed by Vidyard’s board of administrators
KITCHENER, Ontario – December 14, 2018 – Vidyard, the main video platform for enterprise, has prioritized the corporate’s dedication to Community as a key stakeholder. By reordering their stakeholder listing, and rating “Community” above “Investors,” Vidyard makes a daring transfer for a know-how firm. Vidyard hopes to encourage related organizations to construct programming and initiatives to help their native communities and to take action in a approach that’s core to the best way they do enterprise.
Vidyard Stakeholder List:
“Community is one of Vidyard’s top priority stakeholders, alongside its Customers, Employees, and Investors– and Vidyard’s board is on board. Shifting the order of our stakeholder list may seem like an unconventional idea, but it’s an idea that works well for us and our employees,” says Michael Litt, CEO and Co-Founder of Vidyard. “When we publicly reordered our shareholders this way, we took a stance that above all, Community counts. Our board agreed.”
Throughout 2018, Vidyard workers and management groups all acquired concerned:
- Served greater than 1750 meals to the House of Friendship, a Kitchener-based group that gives help companies for these coping with poverty, starvation, homelessness, and dependancy.
- Logged greater than 600+ volunteer hours on the House of Friendship, in addition to by way of outreach programming with LAUNCH Waterloo, THEMUSEUM, Catalyst on the University of Waterloo, and others.
- Supported 14 native charities, together with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, House of Friendship, Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery, Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre, Sustainable Waterloo Region, KidsAbility Centre for Child Development, Carizon Family And Community Services, Canadian Blood Services, Reception House Waterloo Region, Community Support Connections, Grand River Hospital, Kitchener Public Library, Child Witness Centre, Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, and YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo.
Hosted 10 community-focused occasions, together with programming to help LGBTQ+ in Technology, True North, Velocity, Making Space, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Night, University of Guelph – English as a Second Language, Ladies Learning Code and others.
- Generated $15,000 in group donations, together with presents to help organizations concerned in constructing a flourishing native arts and tradition, growing entrepreneurship and management programming, aiding healthcare and wellness, and group improvement.
- Hosted 5 Plugin occasions, together with “Canada”, supporting the Child Witness Centre, “Fatal Friday”, supporting Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, “Chill”, supporting YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo, “Laughs & Lagers,” supporting KidsAbility Centre for Child Development, and “Temple of Terror”, supporting Carizon Family And Community Services.
Vidyard Pledges 1% Commitment to its Community and Beyond
Vidyard is a part of the Pledge 1% program, a simple approach for corporations to leverage a portion of their future success to help nonprofits of their group. As a acknowledged member, Vidyard has dedicated to donating at the least 1% of the corporate’s time, product, resourcing and area to supporting non-profits within the area. It’s a small dedication in the present day that may make a huge effect tomorrow.
“One of the amazing things about Pledge 1% is that there is no prescribed list of how to and when to implement formal giving-back programs,” says Laura Flatt, Community Engagement Program Manager at Vidyard. “Pledge 1% encourages businesses to start where they are today, then works to encourage them to think about what they can do into the future.”
“Community Giving” as a Defining Part of Vidyard Culture
Volunteering is likely one of the easiest and most cost-effective methods to provide again to a area people whereas showcasing company values by way of the straightforward act of giving time. Volunteering additionally introduces and educates workers about native charities, not-for-profit organizations, and volunteer alternatives in their very own backyards. Simply spreading the phrase on who wants assist most industriously pursued our workers to get out and volunteer on their very own time.
For instance, on #GivingTuesday, a nationwide day of giving that passed off on November 24th, Vidyard launched its annual Food Drive. Once a 12 months, the whole firm is split into groups, and every competes to gather essentially the most non-perishable meals objects and funds for The Food Bank of Waterloo Region. Competition apart, workers sit up for this every vacation. This 12 months, Vidyard even added an additional annual problem by together with key objects which might be in excessive demand within the area; socks and winter coats. Employees will probably be donating these things to The Working Centre, a non-profit, community-based, enterprise that gives entry to instruments and alternatives to construct group initiatives within the area.
“We constantly hear from our job seekers and employees that they’re focused on finding work within companies that offer them the opportunity to make meaningful contributions alongside passionate people,” says Lisa Brown, Vidyard’s VP of Talent. “The company had already been participating in many activities internally through various grassroots initiatives.”
Vidyard will proceed to prioritize giving again by way of weekly volunteering, mentorship programming by way of native STEAM/STEM initiatives, blood drives, large-scale company-wide occasions, and even Plugin, group occasions that convey collectively younger professionals in enjoyable and unconventional methods to attach, construct and preserve our group.
Vidyard is the video platform for enterprise that helps organizations drive extra income by way of the usage of on-line video. Going past video internet hosting and administration, Vidyard helps companies drive higher engagement of their video content material, observe the viewing actions of every particular person viewer, and switch these views into motion. Global leaders reminiscent of Honeywell, LinkedIn, Citibank and Sharp depend on Vidyard to energy their video content material methods and switch viewers into clients.
Sandy Pell, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Vidyard