You could have already realized why on-line occasions are nice in your advertising technique. They’re simpler in your viewers to attend, they put much less stress in your funds, they usually allow you to drive ongoing demand by changing occasion recordings into evergreen content material.
Webinars are among the finest makes use of of your on-line occasion bandwidth. They’re a wonderful means to join together with your prospects and clients, they usually’re thought of some of the efficient content material supply channels.
One of the highest instruments for internet hosting webinars is Zoom. In this information, we’ll dig into every part you want to find out about how to use Zoom Webinar—from pre-webinar prep to post-webinar followup. Plus, our in-house webinar specialists share their Zoom webinar finest practices.
- 1.Zoom Webinars 101
- 1.1Zoom Webinar vs. Meeting
- 1.2Zoom Webinar Features
- 2.How to Host a Webinar on Zoom
- 2.1Before Your Zoom Webinar
- 2.1.1How to Set Up Your Zoom Webinar
- 2.1.2How to Add and Invite People to Your Zoom Webinar
- 2.1.threeHow to Set Up Branding, Q&A, Polls, and Zoom Live Streaming
- 2.1.fourHow to Integrate Your Zoom Account with Vidyard
- 2.1.5How to Hold a Practice Session
- 2.2During Your Zoom Webinar
- 2.2.1How to Use Zoom Webinar Q&As
- 2.2.2How to Use Zoom Webinar Polls
- 2.threeAfter Your Zoom Webinar
- 2.three.1How to Offer Your Zoom Webinar On-Demand
Zoom Webinars 101
Zoom Webinar vs. Meeting
What kind of Zoom occasion do you have to be utilizing? Here’s a breakdown of the distinction between a Zoom webinar and a assembly.
- Zoom Meetings: All contributors can discuss and share their webcam video. Meetings are nice for smaller teams and better interactivity, akin to whenever you’re holding a staff catch-up or getting in contact with a buyer or prospect.
- Zoom Webinars: These are finest for occasions the place a small variety of presenters are participating with a massive physique of attendees. Webinars grant hosts extra management over how contributors interact. Webinars additionally allow a number of different options that aren’t included in Zoom conferences. (We’ll cowl these options in additional element shortly.)
Zoom’s varied assembly plans, whether or not free or paid, allow you to host conferences of various sizes. However, Zoom Video Webinar is a separate add-on. Hosting a webinar on Zoom means you’ll want to have the webinar plan enabled in your paid Zoom account. A free account received’t reduce it.
Your Zoom webinar price will rely upon the variety of contributors; webinar plan tiers add to the viewers dimension, capping out at 10,000.
Zoom Webinar Features
Zoom webinars supply a variety of options above and past Zoom conferences. These are a few you’ll discover essentially the most helpful for operating your webinar:
- Automatic Muting: When contributors be a part of, their microphones and webcams are robotically disabled. Hosts can select whose mics to allow.
- Q&A and Polls: Want to maintain your viewers engaged? Answer their questions or open an viewers ballot to get them desirous about your matter.
- Practice Sessions: Do a dry run of your webinar forward of time to head off technical points and pre-session nerves.
- PayPal Integration: Accept registration charges by means of Zoom.
- Participant List Visibility: Only hosts and panelists can see the participant checklist, defending attendees’ privateness.
- Webinar Reporting: View metrics on registration, attendees, engagement, and extra.
How to Host a Webinar on Zoom
Before Your Zoom Webinar
First, make sure that your Zoom plan is about up with the Zoom Video Webinar add-on.
How to Set Up Your Zoom Webinar
- If you’re utilizing Zoom’s Web app, click on Schedule a Webinar. If you’re utilizing the desktop app, click on Schedule.
- In Topic, title your webinar.
- In Description, enter a description in your webinar.
- In When, select a date and time. Also, set a Duration and choose your required Time Zone.
- If you need this webinar to repeat, verify Recurring Webinar.
- If your account has a Public Meeting List enabled, verify List This Webinar within the Public Event List and it’ll seem there.
- In Registration, verify Required.
- In Webinar Passcode, you’ll be able to select to require a Passcode. If you want, you’ll be able to change the robotically generated passcode.
- In Video, you’ll be able to select which webinar roles have entry to video.
- In Audio, choose the way you need attendees to join. You can even select which nations contributors can dial in from.
- There are a number of options to toggle in Webinar Options:
• Check Q&A to allow Q&A capabilities throughout your webinar.
• Check Enable Practice Session so that you’ll have a chance to observe earlier than the webinar begins.
• Check Enable HD video for display shared video and Enable HD video for attendees to be certain that your presentation slides and host/panelist video feeds look their finest. (Or you’ll be able to disable these choices if bandwidth is a concern.)
• Check Only authenticated customers can be a part of to management who can entry your webinar.
• If you need to maintain a recording of the webinar for future use (professional tip: you need to), verify Record the assembly robotically.
- In Alternative Hosts, add the e-mail addresses of your co-hosts or anybody else you need to have management of your webinar.
- In Interpretation, verify Enable language interpretation, if wanted.
- Click Schedule.
That’s it—your webinar is about up!
If you want to make modifications, click on Edit this Webinar in your webinar’s web page.
You can now add the webinar to your calendars. You can even reserve it as a template for future use.
How to Add and Invite People to Your Zoom Webinar
The Invitations tab on the backside of your webinar’s web page is the place you’ll add your panelists and attendees.
- In Invite Panelists, click on Edit and fill out their info to ship out panelist-specific invites.
- You can click on Copy Invitation to disseminate your webinar hyperlink to your contributors.
- In Approval, click on Edit. This provides you entry to registration settings, together with:
• Automatic or handbook registrant approval
• Whether an e mail ought to be despatched to the host when somebody registers
• Restrictions on the variety of registrants
• What info registrants should present through the registration course of
Make use of Zoom’s built-in instruments to streamline the setup course of. Automatic reminders and calendar hyperlinks take seconds to construct out in Zoom. Adding issues like these to your preliminary setup course of is a massive time saver.
Jesse WalshVidyardSegment Marketing Manager
How to Set Up Branding, Q&A, Polls, and Zoom Live Streaming
The different tabs in your webinar’s web page are the place you’ll discover settings for a variety of helpful options.
- Branding: In the Branding tab, you’ll be able to customise the look of your webinar, together with banner, brand, colours, and extra.
- Polls: In the Polls tab, you’ll be able to arrange polls that you simply’ll have the option to launch through the webinar.
- Q&A: In the Q&A tab, you’ll be able to select whether or not to permit nameless questions from the viewers, in addition to if you’d like to let attendees view and touch upon questions.
- Live Streaming: In this tab, you’ll be able to arrange a Zoom reside stream. Once configured, your webinar can stream to Facebook, YouTube, or different reside streaming platforms. This is a wonderful means to effectively expose your webinar to bigger audiences.
How to Integrate Your Zoom Account with Vidyard
With sure Vidyard plans, you’ll be able to combine your account with Zoom. Using the Vidyard integration with Zoom saves your webinar recordings straight to your Vidyard library. This means you don’t have to fiddle with discovering, downloading, and importing the file—the mixing takes care of all of it for you. Handy, proper?
And with Vidyard’s limitless internet hosting, you’ll by no means have to fear about operating out of house.
The integration makes it simple to share and embed your Zoom webinar elsewhere as soon as it’s completed. Check out our Knowledge Base articles about organising Vidyard’s Zoom integration and robotically importing your Zoom recordings to Vidyard to study extra.
Easily Connect Zoom and Vidyard Save Zoom Recordings Directly to Vidyard.
How to Hold a Practice Session
It’s a good concept to do a dry run earlier than your webinar to be certain that your tech is working and your presentation nerves are settled.
Always, at all times run a tech verify forward of time to make sure that issues run easily.
Alex Ioannidis Alex IoannidisVidyardSegment Marketing Manager
To begin a observe session, merely start your webinar earlier than its set begin time. Only hosts, various hosts, and panelists will probably be in a position to be a part of. (Look for the orange bar on the high of your display denoting that you simply’re in observe mode.)
When you’re prepared to go reside, click on Broadcast.
During Your Zoom Webinar
It’s webinar time! Excited? Nervous? Relax. You’re going to do nice!
Stand up throughout your webinar. Get that vitality flowing. Your physique language utterly modifications. It may be powerful to stand in your entire session, however it’s completely value it.
Tyler LessardVidyardVP of Marketing
Holding a profitable webinar is about extra than simply presenting. Engaging your viewers is a key a part of maintaining attendees targeted and . Here are some Zoom webinar options to check out.
How to Use Zoom Webinar Q&As
Click the Q&A button. There are two choices for every query: Answer it reside or reply it within the chat with a typed response. If you’re typing a solution, you’ll have an choice to reply privately.
Zoom’s Q&A operate is a large benefit over reside displays. You can use it to dynamically reply questions through the webinar, drop hyperlinks to associated content material, and have interaction the viewers extra completely. When you begin your webinar, inform the viewers you’d love to hear from them within the chat and remind them to set their questions in order that they ship to each panelists and attendees.
Tyler LessardVidyardVP of Marketing
You can even eliminate questions by hovering over a query and clicking Dismiss. If you need to retrieve a query you’ve dismissed, try the Dismissed tab and click on Reopen.
How to Use Zoom Webinar Polls
Click the Polling button. You can select which ballot you need to run (and edit the ballot choices if crucial), then click on Launch Poll. You can even relaunch previous polls or share the outcomes of your polls with the webinar viewers.
Polls are a simple approach to interact the viewers and switch the webinar from a one-way dialogue into a two-way dialog. Plan forward and take into consideration the place you should utilize polls all through your content material.
Tyler LessardVidyardVP of Marketing
Poll responses may be nice for gathering info on clients and prospects. If you need to view the outcomes of your polls later, you could find them within the Webinar Reporting part of your Zoom account.
In this Zoom webinar, Vidyard’s Tyler Lessard and Morgan J Ingram of JB Sales Training dive into the worth of utilizing video for promoting. Watch to see how they flip the webinar into a dialog that retains their viewers engaged.
After Your Zoom Webinar
Congrats! Your first webinar with Zoom is within the bag. Hopefully these Zoom webinar finest practices made the method approach simpler.
How to Offer Your Zoom Webinar On-Demand
Just as a result of your webinar is over doesn’t imply that it stops being helpful. Webinar recordings are nice sources of evergreen content material that may maintain driving leads lengthy after your session ends.
If you linked Zoom to Vidyard, your recording ought to present up in your Vidyard library. Now you might have a Zoom webinar on demand. Get on the market and share.
And in case you’re thinking about studying extra about your webinar, try the Webinar Reporting part in your Zoom account. You’ll discover analytics on attendees, ballot outcomes, Q&A questions, and extra.
Have your speaker report a fast follow-up video from a acquainted face (utilizing a software like Vidyard!) to remind attendees concerning the webinar’s high takeaways.
Jesse WalshVidyardSegment Marketing Manager
We’ve already talked about how one can host your Zoom webinars with Vidyard, however you should utilize Vidyard to maintain webinars, too. You can use Vidyard’s free display recording function to create on-demand webinars that suit your (and your attendees’) jam-packed schedule.
Use Vidyard to Host Your Webinars Host, handle, and share your whole webinars.
Sign Up Free