Do you organise coaching periods, online seminars or workshops frequently? Here are some helpful online instruments for workshop planning and seminars facilitation.
Do you generally really feel that the nice outdated pen and paper or the MS Office toolkit mixed with e-mail leaves you battling to remain on prime of managing your workshop preparations and supply?
Luckily, there are many online instruments to make your life less complicated when you might want to put together for assembly facilitation and to conduct workshops.
The good factor is that you simply shouldn’t have to pay a fortune to have the usage of expertise that helps you make your job simpler as a facilitator.
In reality, there are many free online workshop instruments and assembly facilitation software program you should use to change into extra productive when within the strategy of getting ready or following up a facilitated session.
We collected essentially the most helpful instruments now we have confronted whereas speaking to DigitPro’s customers: facilitators, company trainers, educators and repair designers in addition to our personal private expertise. It was an necessary issue for us that every of the instruments had a absolutely purposeful free model out there with out time limitation so you’ll be able to depend on these choices long run.
We grouped the instruments in line with the kind of duties they’re used for therefore you will discover exactly what you want. The major use case we thought of was to help the workflow when you’ve got face-to-face conferences or coaching periods, although most of those instruments are equally helpful when you might want to put together online periods.
You will discover the next sections on this article.
- Survey instruments: Google Forms, Typeform, SurveyMonkey
- File storage and doc sharing: DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box
- Free video conferencing: Zoom, Whereby, Skype, Hangouts
- Online whiteboards: Miro, Stormboard
- Task administration: Trello, Todoist, Asana
- Note taking apps: Evernote, OneNote, Google Drive & Docs, Notion
- Meeting planning: SessionLab, Google Sheets
- Engagement instruments: Stormz, Axis, Mentimeter, Slido
Is your favorite instrument not listed? Let us know see we’ll evaluate it too.
Survey instruments for wants evaluation or analysis
If you ask for suggestions from contributors and also you need to transcend utilizing ‘happy sheets’, paper kinds stuffed out proper after the workshop on the spot, then chances are you’ll resolve to create an online survey after the session. Alternatively, you would possibly need to conduct a wants evaluation survey for the preparations. You can select from a variety of online survey instruments that may do the job for you. Our favourites are:
- Google Forms will let you create limitless surveys with 6 forms of questions and skip logic that may information your contributors by way of your survey relying on their solutions. The service has seamless integration with Google’s different apps together with Gmail and spreadsheets. It has an awesome benefit: in contrast to many of the competitors that has utilization limits of their free variations, Google Forms is free.
- As a comparatively new child on the block, Typeform has made filling out kinds partaking and interactive. The kinds look contemporary and trendy, promising that customers usually tend to benefit from the survey expertise and full it right through. Typeform affords limitless surveys with a most of 10 questions and 100 responses within the free model whereas the paid model provides additional options, similar to superior query varieties and conditional logic.
- Having been round since 1999, SurveyMonkey is without doubt one of the longest working online survey providers on the planet. SurveyMonkey does the necessities and does them effectively, offering a dependable various. In the free survey model, nevertheless, you can be restricted to 10 questions, 100 respondents per survey and no risk to export your information.
Cloud storage and doc sharing along with your co-employees, for online seminar or workshop
For most tasks you participate in, sooner or later you’ll have an infinite quantity of paperwork: assembly memos, PowerPoint decks, a batch of paperwork you obtain out of your consumer and dozens of spreadsheets with session agendas, registrations kinds… and the record will be continued.
We all often discover a approach to dump all these paperwork into the best folder on our arduous drive however what occurs when you might want to share them with varied co-employees to work collaboratively? And what in the event you work with totally different folks on totally different tasks?
Online file storage and sharing options will let you retailer all of your recordsdata within the cloud and entry them whether or not you’re in your desktop, telephone or pill. What is extra, you’ll be able to simply share the paperwork along with your colleagues and work on them concurrently. The good factor is that you’ve got loads of providers to select from, most notably:
- Dropbox, a pioneer on this market with their dependable and straightforward-to-use syncing and file sharing system. The free choice affords 2GB of storage, though the complete-textual content search that helps you discover any piece of knowledge inside your doc is barely out there within the paid model. The service is extraordinarily straightforward to arrange and rightfully praised for the clear design.
- Google Drive, providing 15GB free storage, this has the additional benefit of a constructed-in workplace suite the place you’ll be able to edit paperwork, spreadsheets, and displays even in the event you created the doc in one other program. Working collectively in actual-time on shared Google paperwork is a good characteristic and like Dropbox, you’ll be able to simply invite collaborators to any doc or folder of yours.
- OneDrive affords 5GB of free storage, a seamless integration to Windows, subsequently it really works particularly effectively when you have a Windows PC, pill and telephone, and have to get to your recordsdata from any gadget with minimal effort.
As with many online instruments, a few of your purchasers may be hypersensitive about having information about their enterprise saved within the cloud. For this purpose, it’s helpful to think about Box, which has extra refined collaboration and privateness management choices for the enterprise and enterprise customers.
Free video conferencing – Communicate along with your colleagues or purchasers whereas working remotely
For online seminars or workshops the problem of working with somebody who’s sitting someplace else will be lowered once you see one another, or you’re watching the identical display screen by way of screensharing. The options to this had been pioneered by Skype and Google Hangouts initially, with another noteworthy choices rising in the previous couple of years. Let us see what the perfect choices are:
- Zoom offers exceptionally dependable high quality, minimizing audio or video latency points that you simply often encounter with most video conferencing purposes. It has all kinds of options out there each for particular person and enterprise wants together with the scheduling of calls, a dial-in telephone quantity and recording audio and video calls even on the free service plan. The solely draw back is the 45-minute name restrict for group calls on the free model (whereas there isn’t any time restrict for one-to-one calls).
- Whereby (previously Appear.in) is available in to assist when all different instruments fail: you simply open a video conferencing room, ship the hyperlink to your company they usually can be part of with out having to put in any utility or create an account. (Only a browser extension is required to be added). It is a light-weight video chat instrument with fewer options than Zoom however affords unprecedented ease of use. The free plan affords group video conferencing and display screen sharing, though it is strongly recommended that you simply use the paid model when having greater than four-6 contributors to make sure steady name high quality.
- Skype was among the many first gamers in peer-to-peer video conferencing and because it has been broadly adopted now it’s usually a simple choice for calling contacts who’ve Skype accounts. On the draw back, there’s a lengthy historical past of Skype calls affected by high quality points and compatibility points usually hinder group calls. Unfortunately, additionally it is extraordinarily troublesome speaking with somebody who makes use of the enterprise model of Skype (Lync) when you are utilizing the common model. Though Skype supply display screen sharing and group video conferencing it appears to be taking far more sources from the pc than competing instruments. On the upside, it’s a utterly free choice.
- Hangouts– Google’s hottest messaging app – affords a simple-to-use video conferencing instrument that works effectively even when you might want to discuss with folks from totally different territories. It grew to become effectively-identified for its excessive video high quality and for providing higher high quality calls when bandwidth is low. Additionally, Hangouts affords many enterprise-savvy options: similar to creating webinars. Hangouts include an ‘On Air’ characteristic that may be shared with the world and will be recorded and saved on YouTube.
Online whiteboard instruments for online seminars or workshops
Have you ever needed to generate concepts or brainstorm with individuals who had been at totally different places? Or even planning a collection of workshops with a distant staff?
Seeing one another whereas video conferencing makes distant working simpler. But what occurs to the magic of being in the identical room and letting the group’s creativity movement by engaged on the identical whiteboard?
Complex drawback fixing usually requires a visible platform to brainstorm and online whiteboards might help replicating the sensation of working collectively in particular person. They will not be solely helpful for getting ready your workshop with a distant staff, but additionally for online assembly facilitation.
Realtimeboard and Stormboard supply an infinite versatile area the place you’ll be able to collaborate and share concepts. You can create an online canvas and use that as a easy whiteboard for jotting down concepts, or as an infinite board for constructing a challenge with a distant staff. They enable the creation of mock-ups and schemes, you’ll be able to rapidly add stickers, write down concepts and depart suggestions.
- Miro (previously Realtimeboard): Besides the common online whiteboard options of importing pictures, creating notes and drawing in several colors and sizes in freehand mode the app affords an awesome template library to conveniently discover the best construction you want in your whiteboard. The free model affords as much as three boards in your staff.
- Mural is a flexible online whiteboard instrument for distant staff conferences. It is particulalry sturdy as a staff instrument, permitting you to create totally different rooms in your board with differentiated entry rights. Besides, it affords a wide selection of workshop and assembly templates, together with planning, design, challenge evaluation and concept era board templates. Unfortunately, Mural doesn’t have a free model (pricing begins at $12 per thirty days, however it prolonged its free trial interval as much as 90 days in the course of the COVID outbreak interval.)
- Stormboard focuses on concept era, organisation and prioritization: You can add totally different kind of notes, mix them collectively, remark in threads and vote on concepts utilizing colored dots. It has a powerful reporting performance that enables to immediately flip your online sticky notes into structured assembly reviews. With its MS Office integration, the reviews will be collaboratively edited after which shared instantly with assembly contributors or key stakeholders. The free model affords 5 boards with most 5 collaborators for every.
Collaboration instruments for online seminars or workshops
Do you’ve got an infinite to-do-record whereas having a number of facilitation assignments? Set a gathering along with your subsequent consumer, substitute all of the lacking items of sticky notes and wallpapers out of your magical workshop package, checking in with the catering concerning the deliberate breaks and lunch in your session tomorrow, put together and ship a survey to contributors in your subsequent occasion… the record is infinite once you juggle a number of conferences and workshops that you might want to facilitate.
For organizing online seminars or workshops there are huge quantity of process administration software program instruments out there available on the market. Some are a part of complicated challenge administration suites, whereas others are devoted solely to preserving your duties so as. You can discover our favorite ones under:
- Trello affords a versatile and visible approach to set up something with anybody. Trello is organized in boards impressed by Kanban methodology. You can add lists to the board and playing cards to the lists. Each card can have particular person checklists, uploaded paperwork or footage and dialogue within the type of feedback. You can simply invite your co-employees to enroll in their very own free Trello account. Instead of utilizing emails and instantaneous messages, you should use Trello to speak. You could create one board for every of your tasks or simply have one complete board with a number of lists to maintain your self on monitor. Trello add-ons make it easier to energy up your boards: for instance, you’ll be able to show all of your to-dos in a calendar view.
- Todoist is extra specialised in direction of private group of their free plan: you’ll be able to compile duties and subtasks into easy lists which is sensible to make use of for a selected workshop. One of the helpful options is that tracks progress over time and provides you perception into your private productiveness developments. The app displays what number of duties are you finishing and provides karma factors as rewards for undertaking them.
- If you’ve got an even bigger challenge chances are you’ll need to use a extra specialised challenge administration software program to assist your staff collaborate with out getting flooded by emails. Asana is an intuitive process-administration system that works greatest for groups searching for actual-time interplay and its fundamental model is free for as much as 15 customers.
All three of the instruments above have straightforward-to-use cellular variations and permit syncing over gadgets. With both of them you’ll be able to drop prolonged e-mail threads and out-of-date spreadsheets so you will get your duties organized and collaborate successfully along with your co-facilitators. You can even export your duties to your calendar to ensure you don’t miss any to-do merchandise.
Be positive to do your analysis and discover the best mixture of collaboration instruments in your workers’ workplace toolbox.
Note taking apps and organizing info for online seminars or workshops
Noting down varied bits of knowledge throughout a session design course of is essential: when speaking with purchasers, jotting down some private observe-up steps, saving helpful hyperlinks and so forth. Having your trusted pocket book with you is important to register all the data you want in a single place, however organizing, discovering, and sharing your notes is simpler when utilizing digital instruments.
Doing this online has by no means been simpler. There are loads of apps that will let you write down ideas, sync them throughout gadgets and share them along with your colleagues. Below you will discover the most well-liked choices with considerably totally different strengths:
- Evernote permits you to simply seize, set up, and discover content material from the Web. You can spotlight textual content on the internet, take screenshots, write your personal notes, and so forth. The notes will be tagged, shared, formatted (to some extent) and you’ll even assign duties to them. These are simply a few of its many options.
- Microsoft OneNote has an analogous set of options to Evernote however the method in organizing your notes is totally different. OneNote helps a extra outlined construction, as you’ll be able to have a number of ranges of notebooks, pages and subpages. It additionally offers richer formatting choices, that are particularly helpful when doing artistic work because it means that you can begin typing wherever on the web page.
- We talked about Google Drive mixed with Google Docs earlier as a full stack various for cloud storage and doc administration. Simply organising your construction of folders – e.g. one which means that you can construction your paperwork by consumer or date – is usually a easy various to retailer all of your notes and different paperwork and have the whole lot synced online to a number of gadgets.
- Notion is a complicated observe-taking workspace app with a smooth design. It affords a extremely versatile interface for taking notes and creating to-do lists, letting you set up your duties into tables, kanban boards, and calendar views. This flexibility is certainly one of its greatest benefit and drawback: in the event you prefer to tinker and tweak with settings to regulate your Notion workspace to utterly suit your wants then chances are you’ll fall in love with it. But in the event you simply desire a easy platform to take notes and report to-do-s you would possibly discover it troublesome to navigate at first.
Although they differ in the best way they work, what they’ve in frequent is crucial recommendation for utilizing any software program for taking notes and getting your paperwork organised: you really need to recollect to make use of it. These instruments actually change into helpful when all of your notes are in the identical place and you should use highly effective search and sharing options.
Meeting planner and agenda planning for online seminars or workshops
for online seminars or workshops in case you are planning to facilitate a bunch session that spans greater than a few hours and you’ve got totally different workshop actions, idea blocks, staff constructing video games and energizer actions, you then doubtless have to have some form of agenda to plan the sequence of those actions.
A easy pen and paper would possibly simply do the trick for you, however what in case you are working along with another folks on the agenda or merely have to share it along with your consumer? If you need to keep away from having dozens of various variations of Excel or Word recordsdata, then an online editable agenda would possibly come helpful.
- SessionLab is an online workshop planner instrument for anybody who’s doing facilitated periods. It offers an interface that’s designed for the versatile and iterative strategy of build up a workshop or assembly agenda – making your course of design work an actual ‘flow experience’. As you construct up your session define, all the assorted modules and workouts you enter the system change into searchable and reusable by you. Color-coding lets you get a balanced interplay combine in your session to maintain your contributors engaged. When searching for new inspiration, you will discover greater than 500 workshop actions in a public library of facilitation strategies and set of knowledgeable-designed full workshop templates as effectively. SessionLab additionally means that you can share the workshop plans along with your purchasers or colleagues and work collectively on them concurrently.
- Google Sheets: The spreadsheet utility of Google has change into a worthwhile online various to Microsoft Excel. So, in case you are a hardcore spreadsheets fan loving to tinker with rows and columns to show them into workshop timetables then Google Sheets affords you many of the options you want for creating and sharing session agendas. Real-time commenting and revision monitoring are extremely helpful for the collaborative work and integration with Google Drive cloud storage means that you can simply discover content material in your periods in your Drive.
Engagement instruments & Meeting Facilitation Software for online seminars or workshops
Have you ever run a workshop or assembly the place you wished to rapidly ballot the opinions of all of your contributors? Workshops and coaching periods are supposed to be interactive, two-manner communication helps to maintain your group engaged.
As lengthy as the scale of your group permits, you would possibly use plenary conversations, so every participant is ready to share and elaborate their opinion on the topic at hand.
However, there may be some eventualities the place the dwell interplay will get troublesome. Imagine working a big group session with dozens of contributors. Or a digital session. Having a gathering facilitation software program that enables your contributors to simply work together with one another will be helpful in such instances – for example to simply ballot your contributors and visualize the outcomes.
This is the place classroom engagement instruments come into the image the place we’ll give attention to 5 options:
- Stormz, a digital utility aimed for skilled facilitators, lets you design and facilitate collective intelligence periods to generate modern concepts, select essentially the most promising ones, flip them into tangible options and make knowledgeable selections. You can use Stormz to ask you contributors to provide their enter on questions you generate within the app, generate concepts and make collective selections instantly from their laptop computer, pill or cell phone. The drawback is that isn’t free to make use of for facilitator. Stormz additionally affords a singular on-website answer to handle massive group workshops involving a whole lot of contributors through the use of their moveable Stormz Boxdevice which offers safe and dependable native community infrastructure for collaborate workshops at any venue.
- Axis digitises workshop facilitation and participation: it means that you can construct up a workshop from pre-outlined blocks (similar to brainstorming and determination-making strategies) after which successfully run that workshop with distant contributors. It embeds a number of confirmed Design Thinking and Agile methodologies throughout 5 greatest follow phases enabling you to rapidly create a personalized workshop. Signing in is simple for contributors: they merely enter the distinctive workshop code after which they’re guided by way of a step-by-step journey with clear directions. The draw back of it’s that the free account solely enable as much as three contributors per workshop.
- Mentimeter means that you can create questions (similar to a number of-selection questions) of their internet utility and contributors can reply them from their cellular gadgets. The great point is which you could immediately visualize everybody’s opinion and show the outcomes actual-time to the group. It helps your contributors to really feel engaged, which is particularly necessary for a big group workshop. It works effectively on cellular gadgets with a streamlined person expertise and the free model means that you can create two polls and 5 quiz questions per presentation.
- Sli.do additionally affords a participant polling performance and a cellular app in your contributors. The free model means that you can have three polls per occasion. Similarly to Mentimeter, it additionally helps Q&A, so your assembly contributors can publish their questions at any time by way of the cellular utility.
- Moodle is a Learning Platform or course administration system (CMS) – a free Open Source software program package deal designed to assist educators create efficient online programs and workshops. It is extraordinarily helpful software program, however its drawback is that you might want to obtain and set up it by yourself webserver which require some technical data for server set up however this can be very highly effective and useful gizmo with very supportive online neighborhood to supply assist and advices.
Bonus: To set up efficient online seminars or workshops instruments are solely a part of the answer and whereas they’ll make your work simpler, the standard of your periods will come from a thoughtfully designed set of actions. All these online instruments are price testing, and hopefully they may prevent time and make your facilitation associated work go much more easily.
Looking for help on working distant workshops and seminars? Let us know then we’ll exit of our approach to help and help you to have a profitable workshops or seminars online.