Think concerning the final infomercial you noticed, possibly exhibiting the superb qualities of some revolutionary cleansing product (Shamwow, anybody?). Imagine the newest time you went to an enormous field retailer and there was somebody there exhibiting off the options of a flowery new blender.
These shows could be borderline mesmerizing. But why? There’s simply one thing about seeing a product in motion that piques peoples’ curiosity and captures their consideration.
That’s why what you are promoting wants demo movies.
- 1.What is a Demo Video?
- 2.Benefits of Demo Videos
- Three.Types of Demo Videos
- Three.13 Main Types of Demo Videos
- Three.2Common Demo Video Styles
- four.Demo Video Channels
- 5.Demo Video Strategy
- 6.Tips for Recording Demo Videos
- 7.Demo Video Best Practices
- eight.9 of the Best Product Demo Videos
- eight.1 RouteThis Product Teaser
- eight.2 PostPast Two-Minute Product Tour
- eight.Three Vidyard’s Three-Minute Product Tour
- eight.four BenefitMall’s Mini Demo
- eight.5 Theta Lake’s Integration Demo
- eight.6 SalesLoft’s Product Overview
- eight.7 Engagio’s Product Overview
- eight.eight Hootsuite’s Feature Overview
- eight.9 Lyft’s App Update Demo
What is a Demo Video?
A demo video (quick for product demonstration video) is a sensible exhibition of how one thing works to educate your viewer. For instance, exhibiting how to use software program, organising a brand new gadget, or explaining a fancy subject. Keep your product movies easy. If you deal with fixing the viewer’s instant downside, they could be a highly effective, repeatable gross sales and advertising and marketing software.
Blake Smith, Vidyard’s Creative Director, takes a take a look at demo movies, explaining what they’re and how to make one. Along with Mat King, Vidyard’s Video Production Manager, he breaks down an instance product video to spotlight what goes into creating an efficient one.
Benefits of Demo Videos
The greatest profit to recorded demo movies is that they’re repeatable. An limitless variety of viewers can watch the identical info in video format, which is much more approachable than an extended block of textual content.
Demos additionally present leisure worth: People love movies, which take little or no psychological effort to devour, and many consumers count on them.
Demo movies are:
- Great at explaining issues merely
Demo movies about your product, also referred to as product movies, assist get true details about your product in entrance of consumers early of their shopping for cycle, which may generate extra certified and faster-moving leads. Buyers who watch product demo movies early on are extra resistant to misinformation from rivals, making this an extremely priceless sort of video.
“Product-level demo videos are a fantastic way to free up time and empower sales reps. It can also help qualify prospects early on in the deal cycle before they commit to a full demonstration.”
Stephanie YiVidyardSenior Solutions Consultant
Types of Demo Videos
There are a number of methods to file a demo video, and it’ll largely rely in your services or products. If you promote one thing bodily, you’ll be able to arrange a smartphone, laptop computer, webcam, or digital digicam to file you. If you promote one thing intangible like a service or software program, you should use a display recording software to seize your laptop or smartphone display.
Of course, don’t rule out good quaint shows. Record your self talking in entrance of a whiteboard, projector display, or viewers—or use a display recorder to share your slides with narration.
Three Main Types of Demo Videos
There are three foremost forms of demo movies that companies can leverage to educate individuals about their product.
- Recorded Demo: A pre-recorded step-by-step walkthrough.
- Live Demo: A stay step-by-step walkthrough by way of video convention.
- Overview Demo: A quick clarification of what your product does with out a lot element.
Common Demo Video Styles
While there are many other ways to file a demo, there are few demo video types that have a tendency to be extra common than different choices.
- Desktop display seize
- Desktop display seize plus selfie webcam seize
- Smartphone display seize
- Live demo, by way of teleconference
- Animated product demo video
- Live motion video of you speaking
Demo Video Channels
Demo movies could be an extremely versatile format, which means they can be utilized in a wide range of methods throughout a lot of completely different video distribution channels.
Try utilizing demo movies:
- On your web site (in your homepage, options pages, touchdown pages, and even your weblog)
- In emails to both prospects or clients
- As gross sales enablement supplies to share with potential consumers
- For buyer help and expertise groups highlighting new options or product tiers
- In digital advert campaigns
Demo Video Strategy
Don’t go recording demo movies earlier than you understand what downside you’re fixing for the viewer. If you’re making a high-level product demo, what questions do viewers sometimes have? What concerning the product is most unclear?
Also, discover out the place they watch it. Smartphone and desktop video codecs differ, and should you don’t put together for one, the opposite, or each, you might find yourself with subtitles which can be troublesome to learn or audio that’s troublesome to hear.
Salespeople and entrepreneurs ought to use demo movies to unstick prospects from a selected stage of the funnel. For occasion, are web site guests not changing? Place a short demo video on the homepage to make the advantages clear. Are prospects hesitant to take a name with a salesman earlier than they know what they’re moving into? Give them a style with a 90-second product demo video that ends in a cliffhanger.
Demo movies are nice in a lot of situations:
- Top of Funnel: Use a brief temporary demo video to spotlight advantages.
- Middle of Funnel: Use an summary demo to clarify capabilities. (Post it on YouTube, for discoverability.)
- Bottom of Funnel: Use a demo video to clarify options.
You can even consider demos as a time-saving gadget. Wherever your group repeatedly solutions questions with stay demonstrations, think about recording them. You can construct shareable libraries of demo movies, one for prospects, one for patrons, and one for workers.
If you look ahead to prospects to come to you, it’s typically too late. They have already got preconceptions and biases which can be troublesome to overcome.
Alon WaksBizzaboVP of Marketing
Tips for Recording Demo Videos
Wondering how to file a demo video? Keep these key issues in thoughts.
- Minimize the quantity of movement. Too a lot motion could be disorienting.
- Avoid jargon and acronyms. Don’t assume your consumers know what you understand. Spell issues out every time doable.
- Make it accessible. Add captions (or subtitles) and text-to-speech choices.
- Make it constant. If you’re making a sequence of demos, use a constant introduction, outro, and stream.
Demo Video Best Practices
The finest demo movies remedy an issue or ache level for the viewer. Search YouTube for how-to movies and you’ll see for your self that essentially the most fascinating ones get proper to the purpose, clarify why issues work the way in which they do, and finish abruptly when the query is answered.
- Keep it quick. Two minutes is good, with a most of 5 minutes. This is lengthy sufficient to clarify clearly however not so lengthy that it exceeds the typical viewer’s consideration span. Plus, you’ll be able to all the time finish with a hyperlink to an extended demo for individuals who have an interest. Or, even higher, finish with a hyperlink to e book a stay demo along with your gross sales group.
- Keep it easy. Resist the temptation to pack the video with info. It’ll make your services or products appear extra sophisticated than it’s, and typically it’s good to depart some questions unanswered so viewers really feel compelled to contact gross sales.
- Conduct analysis. Make a listing of questions consumers ask and use the demo to reply them.
- Have an intriguing thumbnail so viewers click on. The most fascinating demo on earth gained’t have any influence on pipeline if individuals don’t click on to watch.
- Have a hook, so audiences watch previous the primary few seconds. You have, on common, only a few seconds to seize somebody’s consideration.
- Use a script. It’ll be sure that you cowl all the pieces you propose to, and saves the narrator time.
- Practice earlier than capturing to hold it concise. Two minutes isn’t plenty of time. The extra you follow, the extra correctly you should use it.
- Avoid filler phrases like “umm” or softeners like “sort of.” They dilute your message and make you sound unsure.
More than something, personalize the demo for the meant viewer.
“The more you can tailor your demos to your audience, the better,” says Stephanie. “What matters to a senior leader is different from the end user.”
If there are many stakeholders, “don’t be afraid to split the video into several sections that speak to each individually,” says Stephanie. “End each one at a natural breakpoint in your demo flow, and compile a playlist. That way, when prospects look at the content, they can easily navigate to the parts that are most specific to their needs.”
It additionally by no means hurts to fall again on traditional storytelling rules.
“As storytellers, our job is to use demo visuals to tell a narrative,” says Petar Obradovic, Senior Solutions Consultant at Salesforce. “Stories evoke emotional responses and those feelings linger long after the features are forgotten. Great demos should sound more like a Pixar script than a visual user manual.”
9 of the Best Product Demo Videos
Below are 9 of the perfect product demo movies we’ve seen. Let these demo video examples function inspiration on your subsequent product tour.
1. RouteThis Product Teaser
Short, pointed, and the promise is within the title: “Lightning demo.”
2. PostPast Two-Minute Product Tour
It’s bought a clear, completed look, and guides the viewer’s eye with a spotlight across the cursor.
Three. Vidyard’s Three-Minute Product Tour
This tour mixes stay motion actors with a product demo and delivers a ton of worth in below three minutes.
four. BenefitMall’s Mini Demo
Features sturdy narration, steering, and graphics overlays to reinforce it’s factors.
5. Theta Lake’s Integration Demo
This video has a easy, satisfying click on stream with narration.
6. SalesLoft’s Product Overview
Succinct, clear, and focused: It mentions different software program programs its viewers doubtless use.
7. Engagio’s Product Overview
The demo combines stay actors with animation, clear narration, and an general elevated really feel.
eight. Hootsuite’s Feature Overview
Uses clear diagrams and an summary, simplified model of the interface to make issues clear.
9. Lyft’s App Update Demo
Uses slick animations and a enjoyable soundtrack.