Congratulations! You made the sensible alternative to spend money on video on your firm.
As we’ve stated earlier than, there’s no higher promoting device than video.
But many individuals get their video after which don’t take the time to implement it correctly, which suggests they’re not utilizing it to its full potential. They need to use it and know they’ve to, however they’re unclear how to go about doing so. Don’t be that particular person!
Just as a result of you’ve got your video doesn’t imply the job is finished. There are some needed steps you want to take to be sure that the video is positioned correctly and utilized in the simplest method to deliver you the outcomes you need.
Let’s take a more in-depth take a look at what you want to implement your video efficiently.
Strategically Place Your Video Throughout Your Funnel
Video is necessary at each stage of the customer’s journey and also you want to take a look at your advertising and marketing asset combine to see the place it suits. Remember, the customer is on an academic journey as they work their method via your funnel. So the entire items want to make sense in the best way that they lead into and assist each other. Make certain the messages all align and their sequence resonates with somebody who just isn’t as educated as you’re in regards to the product and the method.
Explainer movies are finest used to clarify complicated concepts, present prospects the way you resolve their drawback, and the way you’re totally different from the competitors. Prospects need quick-type content material early within the funnel that’s crystal clear and one thing they will relate to.
The first key space for video is on the high of the funnel (TOFU). By utilizing video on the TOFU, you’ll be able to:
- Drive site visitors to your website
- Increase the time spent in your website
- Improve conversion charges
- Increase model consciousness
- Support lead technology
The subsequent key space you’ll need to use video is the center of the funnel (MOFU). Using video on the MOFU permits you to:
- Differentiate from the competitors
- Build deeper relationships with patrons
- Explain how one can resolve the customer’s issues
- Support gross sales enablement and area advertising and marketing
- Follow up from occasions
The final space (within the funnel) you need to use video is the underside of the funnel (BOFU). This can assist assist:
- Customer training
- Product releases
- Drawing consideration to different current presents accessible to clients
- Giving extra worth
Once you perceive the way you need to use video inside your funnel, you want to perceive the place to place it to be the simplest. You’ll first need to be sure that it’s hosted correctly and share it on an asset that you just personal (your website, almost definitely). If you’re driving site visitors to your individual asset, you’ve got a possibility to seize electronic mail addresses. It’s simple to share one thing, however should you’re going to make a splash launching your video, you need to contemplate how to use your belongings to seize potential purchasers and generate leads.
Here are some key belongings that you need to share your video on:
- Website – homepage or product web page (Note: You will want to work together with your internet builders to guarantee embeds are completed correctly, i.e. don’t make them smaller than 640×360)
- Landing pages
- In gross sales dialog/followup emails
- In-person conferences
- Trade reveals
- Email sequences
Along with belongings that you just personal, you’ll need to share your video on social channels. It could be helpful to drop belongings on all of the channels the place you obtain essentially the most response and ensure to share it anyplace your viewers is:
- Youtube (run as focused adverts should you don’t have a channel constructed)
Note: Youtube just isn’t your finest guess as a result of virality could be very onerous to do. Youtube sees a ton of foot site visitors, so it’s nice for gaining publicity. But if you host your video on Youtube, the objective just isn’t to drive conversions – it’s a model fairness piece. Youtube additionally isn’t nice for B2B, it’s a platform that’s more and more leisure-oriented.
Take a take a look at the graphic beneath to see the statistics round how totally different industries carry out on Youtube.
Get the Whole Team Onboard and Aligned with Your Messaging
Once you’ve got your video, It’s necessary to have your groups aligned with this new and refined model messaging. Video is a simple method for them to eat and re-share your message as a result of it acts as an aligning drive.
It is useful to name a gathering to share the video with everybody in your crew. Ensure everybody is aware of it exists and understands the messaging within the video. For any asset you spend money on that helps develop or talk your model, you need to be sure that everybody in your organization is conscious, particularly your gross sales reps.
Once you place it out on this planet, be sure that everybody has entry and is sharing it. Use it throughout each platform or division the place your voice is being shared. Don’t assume everybody is aware of it exists and that they need to be utilizing it.
Make certain to present your totally different groups how they will use the video. There are lots of methods to deploy these belongings and the way you do it relies on your current model footprint.
- You can use the design recordsdata from the video to place inside your advertising and marketing supplies. Maybe even make an animated gif for social or a weblog publish.
- Use the script as copy throughout your web sites and gross sales emails.
- Your transcript and the messaging within the video are nice snippets for gross sales reps to have.
- A video could be a good way to pre-qualify gross sales calls so that you just’re solely coping with prospects who really perceive what you’re doing.
Track the KPIs That Matter
The final component of implementing your video is monitoring the correct KPIs. As you begin monitoring, you’ll discover that some metrics are simpler to observe than others.
- The best factor to observe is views however that’s an arrogance metric – it’s not precisely useful and doesn’t drive every other insights.
- You can observe how a lot of the video is being watched to verify if viewers are seeing sufficient of the core messages (tip: the usual is getting shut to 60% watched)
- Track # of MQLs and SQLs
- Conversion charges: Determine what number of of your transformed gross sales have been individuals who watched your video. Track who clicked in your video to see what the lead conversion charge is. Share the video in several elements of the funnel and observe every video’s efficiency. Then evaluate to see the place it’s performing and changing higher.
Measure efficiency in a method that aligns together with your objectives
If you don’t have the instruments in place to observe particular metrics, you’ll be able to not less than achieve efficiency perception via conversations together with your gross sales crew. It’s useful to ask questions equivalent to:
- Are you closing extra offers?
- Is the area between contact to shut shortening?
- Are individuals coming to us due to the video?
- Are individuals speaking in regards to the video?
- What are they saying?
KPIs are necessary however most individuals want video first from a message, alignment and model perspective. It’s OK should you don’t pull off a full-fledged advertising and marketing marketing campaign with the video – getting your messaging aligned is a win in itself.
If you’re unsure in regards to the technical aspect of video advertising and marketing implementation, think about using these sources as inspiration.
The implementation of your video is simply as essential as creating one within the first place. By understanding how to use the video and the place it suits in your funnel, you need to use it to information individuals via the customer journey efficiently. You additionally want to get your crew aligned with the message so that each one departments are utilizing the video and speaking about your merchandise in a constant method.
Finally, you’ll need to observe the correct KPIs so as to see how your video is performing and the place you’ll be able to tweak your technique to produce even higher outcomes. (If you want extra steerage on how to observe these KPIs, keep tuned for our subsequent publish.)
If you’re serious about discussing your technique with a crew of specialists, attain out to Explainify immediately.