Trying to generate a lead, drive a sale, or get a brand new person? Chances are, what you are promoting is utilizing touchdown pages to do it. But, with a lot noise on the market, it may be exhausting to break by way of. That’s the place video touchdown pages are available in.
Everyone loves video. But it isn’t simply an efficient approach to seize—and preserve—your customer’s consideration. It additionally drives 86% extra conversions, that means it’s a robust approach to get your guests to take motion.
- 1.What is a Video Landing Page?
- 2.Why Should I Use Landing Page Videos?
- three.How Do I Create a Video Landing Page That Works?
- three.1 Determine the Goal of Your Landing Page
- three.2 Choose What Type of Video to Use
- three.three Select Your Video Landing Page Software
- three.four Decide on a Video Placement and Wireframe Your Page
- three.5 Create Your Landing Page Video
- three.6 Add a CTA to Your Landing Page Video
- three.7 Embed Your Video on Your Landing Page
- four.What Are Some Video Landing Page Best Practices?
- four.1 Keep It Short and Front-Load Your Message
- four.2 Choose Your Thumbnail Carefully
- four.three Avoid Autoplay
- four.four Don’t Make the Video Stand Alone
- four.5 Be Mindful of Load Times
- four.6 Optimize the Video and the Page for web optimization
- four.7 Test Everything
- 5.What Are Some Video Landing Page Examples I Can Use as Inspiration?
- 5.1 ConvertPackage’s Video Background Landing Page
- 5.2 Slack’s Supporting Landing Page Video
- 5.three GoodMeals’s Lightbox Video Landing Page
- 5.four HubSpot’s Landing Page Video CTA
- 5.5 Adobe’s Lightbox Video Landing Page
What is a Video Landing Page?
A video touchdown web page is a static webpage devoted to a advertising and marketing marketing campaign or supply that makes use of a video to convert guests.
Also referred to as lead seize pages, static pages, vacation spot pages, and post-click pages, video touchdown pages can function a video because the centerpiece of the web page or just embody it alongside textual content and different wealthy media below-the-fold to assist persuade guests to purchase.
There are a couple of other ways you should use movies on a touchdown web page:
- Hero Landing Page Video: Replaces a typical hero picture on the high of your touchdown web page and/or is in any other case featured as the primary visible above-the-fold
- Supporting Landing Page Video: Appears decrease down, below-the-fold, on the web page as a supporting asset
- Background Landing Page Video: Serves as an animated background to draw consideration to the headline, a key piece of textual content, a button, or a type
- Lightbox Landing Page Video: Opens in a lightbox popup to play after the viewer clicks a hyperlink, button, or thumbnail
Video enhancing instrument Filmora prominently encompasses a hero video on their touchdown web page.
Why Should I Use Landing Page Videos?
Video is the foreign money of the web, so on-line advertising and marketing that refuses to incorporate runs the very actual danger of being left behind solely.
When it comes to touchdown pages, including video can improve conversion by 86%. But that’s not all it could do.
- 90% of shoppers say product video helps them make shopping for selections (Forbes)
- 64% of shoppers say watching a video makes them extra seemingly to purchase (Animoto)
- 97% of entrepreneurs say video helps improve person perceive of their services or products (HubSpot)
- 54% of customers say they need to see movies from manufacturers—greater than another content material format (HubSpot)
- People spend 88% extra time on web sites that include video (Mist Media)
- Websites that use video are up to 53x extra seemingly to rank on the primary web page of Google search outcomes (Forrester)
- Video customers have 34% larger internet conversion charges (Aberdeen Group)
- 72% of individuals would fairly use video to find out about a services or products (HubSpot)
In quick: Video captures consideration, educates potential prospects, drives conversions, and gives priceless analytics about what’s working.
So, what are you ready for?
How Do I Create a Video Landing Page That Works?
So, you’ve determined to use a touchdown web page video on your supply or marketing campaign, however now you’re questioning how to truly make a video touchdown web page?
1. Determine the Goal of Your Landing Page
What is the aim of your web page? What you’re making an attempt to obtain along with your web page will play an necessary function in your video touchdown web page design and the content material you embody. Think about your marketing campaign or supply and the way you’ll persuade guests to take motion.
For occasion: Is it an eCommerce web page promoting a bodily product? Is it a SaaS web page pushing for a free tech product signup? Is it a B2B web page aiming to seize contact data for a brand new lead? Is it an occasion registration web page driving attendance?
All of this stuff would require a unique strategy.
Be certain to solely select one aim on your web page. Focusing your touchdown web page on a single supply can improve conversion up to 266%.
Social media administration instrument Hootsuite’s video touchdown web page for his or her enterprise product successfully focuses on one CTA: “Request a Demo.” This CTA is repeated all through the web page, together with on the finish of the explainer video.
2. Choose What Type of Video to Use
Making certain the content material of your video aligns properly along with your supply in order that it’s well-positioned to promote it’s key to success. To that finish, there are a couple of sorts of video that work higher than others on touchdown pages.
- Explainer Videos: If your product is one thing new, unfamiliar, or complicated, then an explainer video is a good alternative. These movies present touchdown web page guests with a high-level take a look at how your product solves their downside.
- Promo Videos: If you’re making a lead seize web page targeted on a content-based supply, a promo video would work fantastically. Promos are like teaser trailers that give viewers a style of what they’ll get in the event that they fill in your type.
- Demo Videos: If you’re trying to transcend what your product is to what it truly does, a demo’s for you. Product demos present the worth of your product by demonstrating the way it truly works.
- Testimonial Videos: If your touchdown web page guests are seemingly to want a little bit of convincing, a testimonial video is a robust approach to add social proof to your web page. This will increase the credibility of your supply by having somebody aside from you discuss in regards to the worth they bought out of your services or products.
Another choice is background movies. More a format than a kind, a touchdown web page video background is extra about including motion or animation to a web page than conveying data. They usually don’t embody sound.
three. Select Your Video Landing Page Software
Good information! Most web site and touchdown web page builders provide the choice to embody video in your pages.
If you’ve created touchdown pages for previous campaigns or presents, you seemingly have already got a instrument for this. More seemingly than not, you should use the software program you have already got to create your new video touchdown web page.
Some in style video touchdown web page software program choices embody:
Whether you utilize a plug-and-play touchdown web page builder or a custom-built resolution, including a video to your web page ought to be pretty simple. Many touchdown web page instruments even supply video touchdown web page templates to make the method tremendous straightforward.
When deciding on your video touchdown web page software program, make it possible for it performs properly along with your chosen video internet hosting platform. Thinking about this forward of time will make the method of embedding your video a lot smoother.
Get Free Video Hosting Host, handle, and share your whole movies.
Sign Up Free
four. Decide on a Video Placement and Wireframe Your Page
When individuals assume “video landing page,” they usually consider a web page with an above-the-fold hero video. In this mannequin, the video replaces a basic header picture.
While that’s a preferred strategy, it’s not your solely choice. You may go along with a extra customary touchdown web page framework and embody your video additional down the web page (below-the-fold) as supporting content material.
This technique works properly should you’ve bought a video that helps a selected promoting level that seems afterward in your touchdown web page copy.
Once you’ve found out the place the video will go, create a wireframe on your whole touchdown web page. This framework not solely covers the place the video goes, but additionally no matter different components the web page will embody and the way they’ll all work collectively to drive conversion.
5. Create Your Landing Page Video
As you construct your web page, you’ll concurrently work on producing your video.
You’ll need to make it possible for your video is:
- Valuable to the viewer
- Specific to the touchdown web page (fairly than a generic video)
- Driven by a transparent story and message
Plan out your video’s story, together with what data you’ll embody and the way you’ll share it. Script out dialogue and voice over, together with notes about photographs.
If your video model is live-action, select your actors. When taking pictures, do a couple of takes to give your self some choices to work with. Edit your footage and add any graphic components.
If you’re creating an animated, inventory footage, or different movies, then collect your supplies as wanted.
6. Add a CTA to Your Landing Page Video
Good touchdown pages have a name to motion (CTA), normally a lead gen type or some form of button: Sign up, purchase now, e book a gathering, obtain, and so forth. Your touchdown web page video ought to assist drive this motion, not solely by way of its content material, but additionally when it ends.
Rather than fade to black, guarantee your video contributes to your touchdown web page’s conversion objectives by giving it its personal CTA. Clearly inform viewers what you need them to do subsequent.
Video advertising and marketing platforms (like Vidyard) provide the choice to simply add an interactive CTA straight in your video.
7. Embed Your Video on Your Landing Page
Your video touchdown web page isn’t full till you, you realize, add your video. Either self-host your video or use a video internet hosting service after which embed it in your web page.
Keep in thoughts that your alternative of video internet hosting resolution will impression the playback expertise. Free, social-based choices (like YouTube) usually embody adverts, which may distract viewers from changing.
Create Landing Pages That Convert Easily embed movies in your touchdown pages.
Sign Up Free
What Are Some Video Landing Page Best Practices?
Sure, you’ll be able to slap a video on a touchdown web page and name it good. But, in order for you to create a really efficient video and web page, you want to listen to these touchdown web page video greatest practices.
1. Keep It Short and Front-Load Your Message
Your video is there to assist your web page and drive motion. To that finish, it ought to be quick sufficient that an engaged customer can even learn the supporting copy and transfer forward to the following step.
Regardless of its size, 52% of individuals will watch a video all through, in accordance to our 2019 Video in Business Benchmark Report. That quantity jumps to 68% if the video’s lower than 60 seconds.
Making your video between 30 and 60 seconds ensures that almost all of people that click on play will watch the entire thing.
Knowing that there’ll at all times be individuals who gained’t end your video—irrespective of how lengthy it’s—don’t save the perfect for final. Put a very powerful a part of your message proper initially of your video. This strategy implies that almost everybody who clicks play will see it.
2. Choose Your Thumbnail Carefully
You don’t have a ton of time to seize your guests’ consideration after they arrive in your web page—an attractive video thumbnail is essential.
Play buttons pique curiosity, however nobody will click on if the thumbnail’s horrible. Make yours irresistible by guaranteeing the nonetheless picture behind it makes viewers need to press play.
Experiment with animated GIF thumbnails to draw the viewer’s eye to your video.
Depending on how guests will arrive at your web page, you would possibly contemplating utilizing customized video to pull them in. After all, who can resist clicking a video with their very own title within the thumbnail?
three. Avoid Autoplay
It’s typically thought-about a touchdown web page video greatest observe—and simply good web citizenship usually—not to autoplay movies.
This is very true when it comes to movies with sound. Odds are, your touchdown web page guests don’t need to really feel like they’ve landed on MySpace circa 2006. Autoplay turns lots of people off and will trigger bounces.
Something else to take into accout is that autoplay takes up extra bandwidth. Not solely wouldn’t it take your web page longer to load, it additionally makes use of up the guests’ bandwidth, which may function a deterrent for cellular customers particularly.
A few caveats to this rule although:
- If you’re utilizing a video background, sans sound, then autoplay can be acceptable
- If you’re sending individuals straight from an advert that’s driving them to “watch the video” (or the same CTA), then it could be acceptable to have it play upon their arrival as they’ve already signaled the intent to watch it, although that motion didn’t occur on the web page
If you resolve to autoplay your video, be sure to begin it on silent in order that your guests can resolve to click on for sound.
four. Don’t Make the Video Stand Alone
Your touchdown web page ought to by no means be a video and a type or button. There wants to be extra copy to present context and data.
If you’re unsure, think about this: Longer touchdown pages truly web 220% extra leads than ones with above-the-fold CTAs.
Make certain your touchdown web page has a headline, physique copy, supporting factors, and a CTA. A customer ought to have the opportunity to get all the knowledge they want to decide proper on the web page, no matter whether or not they click on play or not.
The video merely enhances that have and engages the viewers.
Because the video and text-based components on the web page work collectively, take into consideration calling out the video in your copy. For occasion: “Watch this short demo” or “See what X COMPANY can do for you.”
Help desk software program supplier Help Scout included supporting copy alongside their touchdown web page testimonial video to present context in regards to the video’s contents. They additionally inspired touchdown web page guests to view it with a “Watch GrabCAD’s story” callout.
5. Be Mindful of Load Times
How quick your web page masses is totally essential to its success—particularly for cellular viewers. It has a serious impression on conversions, bounces, and customer satisfaction usually.
- 52.eight% of individuals say they’d be keen to quit video for sooner load occasions (Unbounce)
- A 100-millisecond delay in web site load time can lower conversion charges by 7% (Akamai)
- A two-second delay in webpage load time can improve bounce charges by 103% (Akamai)
- 53% of cellular web site guests will go away a web page that takes longer than three seconds to load (Akamai)
- Sites that load in 5 seconds (in contrast with 19 seconds) have 70% longer common classes (Unbounce)
Ensure that any components you add, particularly wealthy components like video, don’t sluggish your web page down. Consider compressing your video for a smaller file measurement or internet hosting it by way of a video platform that serves up the video utilizing a CDN (content material supply community).
6. Optimize the Video and the Page for web optimization
There are some necessary steps you’ll be able to take to make sure that your video is optimized for search, which may enhance your web page’s rank general. Search engines can’t truly watch your video (but) so you’ve gotten to present them with data they’ll learn that tells them what the video’s about.
The greatest parts of video web optimization are:
- Captions: Video captions present search engines like google extra context in regards to the content material of your video
- Transcripts: Like captions, video transcripts inform search engines like google what your video’s truly above (Vidyard helps you to embed the transcript as metadata)
- Metadata: Using metatags along with your movies permits search engine crawlers to index contextual details about the participant
- XML Sitemaps: These information make it simpler for search engines like google to discover and index video content material (Vidyard mechanically generates XML sitemaps on your movies)
You’ll additionally need to optimize different on-page components to give your video touchdown web page the perfect likelihood of rating. Use key phrases strategically in your copy (just like the headline, subheaders, title tag, picture file names, and so forth.). Pay consideration to general web page pace. Make content material shareable and construct backlinks.
7. Test Everything
All of the issues listed above are thought-about video touchdown web page greatest practices, however that doesn’t imply they’ll work for each supply at each enterprise.
Every group and their viewers is totally different. Test components and approaches on your touchdown pages to see what works greatest.
Key issues to check on video touchdown pages:
- Video size (i.e. quick vs. lengthy)
- Video thumbnails
- Autoplay vs. click on to play
- Video placement on the web page
- Type of video used (i.e. explainer video vs. demo video)
Figure out what your viewers likes, then preserve testing your assumptions to optimize additional.
What Are Some Video Landing Page Examples I Can Use as Inspiration?
Ready to get began? These video touchdown web page examples are an awesome place to begin when eager about your web page’s design and execution.
1. ConvertPackage’s Video Background Landing Page
Email advertising and marketing and automation platform ConvertPackage makes video the star of this touchdown web page by that includes a number of movies. Above-the-fold, there’s a hero background video. Then, decrease down the web page are a few buyer testimonial movies.
three. Slack’s Supporting Landing Page Video
Workplace chat platform Slack used their touchdown web page video as a supporting asset. The explainer video seems below-the-fold on the web page. Slack makes use of the copy alongside it to name out the existence of the video and encourage guests to watch it, utilizing the tagline “Discover a better way of working” adopted by a button labeled “Watch Video.”
three. GoodMeals’s Lightbox Video Landing Page
Canadian meal package supply service GoodMeals opted for a supporting lightbox video on their touchdown web page. There’s a easy “Watch the video” button above the fold and just under the primary header picture. Clicking opens up an explainer video in regards to the service in a lightbox participant.
four. HubSpot’s Landing Page Video CTA
Inbound advertising and marketing and gross sales instrument HubSpot makes use of a hero touchdown web page video on the high of their HubSpot Academy web page. The fast promo video (below a minute lengthy) finishes with a CTA for viewers to browse out there programs.
5. Adobe’s Lightbox Video Landing Page
On a touchdown web page for Intelligent Services, Adobe included a video thumbnail within the hero picture together with a “Watch Video” button beneath the header. Both set off a lightbox video participant.
Create Landing Pages That Convert Easily embed movies in your touchdown pages.
Sign Up Free