Case examine movies are highly effective instruments for companies trying to appeal to new shoppers and drive income. By utilizing video, you add a private component that’s tough to obtain with a conventional, text-based case examine.
Interviewing shoppers in case examine movies humanizes your work and permits potential clients to higher perceive how your services clear up real-world issues. When correctly executed, a case examine video showcases the worth of your work and helps develop your enterprise.
- 1.What is a Case Study Video?
- 2.What are the Benefits of Case Study Videos?
- three.The three Types of Case Study Videos
- four.How to Make a Case Study Video in 10 Simple Steps
- four.1 Think Like a Potential Customer
- four.2 Ask the Important Questions
- four.three Choose the Right Customer
- four.four Plan Out the Story Arc
- four.5 Conduct Background Interviews
- four.6 Write Your Script
- four.7 Back it Up With Stats
- four.eight Choose a Shoot Location
- four.9 Develop a Shot List
- four.10 Sweat the Details on the Day of the Shoot
- 5.Where to Use Case Study Videos
- 6.three of the Best Case Study Videos to Inspire You
- 6.1 Zoom Testimonial from Zendesk
- 6.2 Google AdWords Case Study
- 6.three Slack’s Unique Take on the Case Study
What is a Case Study Video?
A case examine video is a chunk of persuasive content material that companies use to illustrate the worth of their services or products, by the telling of actual buyer success tales. It’s a buyer testimonial video that provides authenticity to your advertising and marketing efforts.
Successful case examine movies:
- Include on-camera interviews with clients
- Show how your enterprise solves a selected buyer downside
- Use stats and figures to again up the client’s story
- Focus on the advantages, not the options
They’re an extremely essential kind of video to have in your arsenal.
Blake Smith, Vidyard’s Creative Director, deep dives into the world of case examine movies, explaining what they’re and the way to make an efficient one. Along with Mat King, Vidyard’s Video Production Manager, he breaks down an instance buyer testimonial video to spotlight what goes into creating a superb one.
What are the Benefits of Case Study Videos?
Case examine movies can profit your enterprise by elevating consciousness about what you do and attracting new clients. Here are a number of the causes you must think about making a case examine video:
They’re persuasive: Having your clients ship compelling explanation why your product works is highly effective. Video is a direct and persuasive medium; viewers retain 95% of your message after they watch it in a video, and solely 10% when studying it in textual content.
They’re participating: Your audience is extra doubtless to watch a brief video case examine than to learn a textual content model of it. That’s as a result of video advertising and marketing is extra participating. In reality, 72% of consumers choose to study a product by video in contrast with some other medium.
They’re emotional: Video case research ship private testimonials instantly out of your clients, which helps set up an emotional reference to the viewer. Connecting a human face to a narrative is highly effective, and 95% of our choices are subconsciously pushed by our feelings.
They’re versatile: You can use a video case examine throughout a wide range of advertising and marketing channels, and you may even edit particular scenes and contours to use for different functions, like for social media. Unless your merchandise change drastically, case examine movies supply evergreen content material that stays related for years.
The three Types of Case Study Videos
There are three predominant kinds of case examine video that your enterprise can produce, with completely different ranges of complexity:
- Customer Testimonial: A buyer testimonial is an easy, to-the-point video interview the place you ask questions to the client about their expertise along with your merchandise. You’ll solely want one shoot location and minimal enhancing to ship a completed video.
- Customer Review: A buyer evaluation video is one other easy however efficient execution. Instead of specializing in a transparent narrative, your buyer can communicate to particular options of your merchandise, and the way they benefited from utilizing these options.
- Case Study Narrative: A case examine narrative is probably the most complicated kind of case examine video. It includes a mixture of on-camera interviews with clients, B-roll visuals and may even embrace graphics and font remedies. It requires extra shoot time and enhancing than the opposite video sorts.
How to Make a Case Study Video in 10 Simple Steps
With the right method and correct planning, your case examine video can increase your gross sales and usher in new enterprise. Follow these 10 steps to make a compelling case examine video in your firm.
1. Think Like a Potential Customer
The first step in making a case examine video is to develop an in depth plan along with your audience in thoughts. The extra particular you will be in figuring out the supposed viewers, the higher ready you’ll be to handle their particular targets and ache factors. Even in case your product appeals to a large viewers, your case examine ought to communicate to one particular section of that market.
2. Ask the Important Questions
Ask your self what downside your audience is experiencing, and the way your enterprise solves that downside. This will assist you to develop the important thing message of your video, and construct a narrative round it. To assist determine these issues and options, ask your self questions reminiscent of:
- What do my clients care about?
- What do I supply clients that rivals don’t?
- Why do clients use my services?
- What do I assist clients obtain?
three. Choose the Right Customer
Now that you’ve key messaging in your video, you can begin figuring out clients who go well with the narrative you developed. The following standards may help you slim down your solid of potential characters:
- They ought to match with the video’s audience
- They ought to have a compelling, private story to share
- They ought to be comfy and interesting on digital camera
- They ought to have statistics to again up their story
Once you’ve recognized an ideal match, you’ll want to method them along with your request. When you method a buyer, be clear about what you’re asking them to do, ease their issues and allow them to be concerned within the course of. You may sweeten the deal by providing one thing in return: Maybe the B-roll you collect can be beneficial for their very own advertising and marketing efforts, for instance.
Another choice is to ask clients to document video testimonials on their very own time, with easy-to-use software program like Vidyard Chrome extension. That means they will shoot the video when it’s handy, and shortly share the hyperlink with you.
Global human capital administration (HCM) software program firm Ceridian, put the human affect of their merchandise entrance and middle on this case examine video that includes the Blue Man Group.
Ceridian’s video does a very good job of utilizing B-roll to spotlight the inventive nature of their buyer’s enterprise and clarify the challenges they expertise—together with how their product helps.
four. Plan Out the Story Arc
Case examine movies want to inform a narrative. Developing a narrative arc helps translate your key messaging right into a compelling narrative for viewers. A current examine on the facility of name storytelling discovered that almost 80% of adults suppose manufacturers ought to inform tales as a part of their advertising and marketing efforts. In growing your story arc, you must map out your video’s 4 predominant levels:
- Introduce the character: Identify the hero of your video. For a video case examine, the protagonist will probably be your buyer. Though the video might embrace multiple individual from the featured firm, select one individual to focus your narrative on. Your predominant character ought to be relatable and interesting.
- Identify the issue: Next, set up the story’s battle. With a model story video, the battle is the ache level your predominant character experiences. It’ll make your case examine extra related to your audience.
- Explain the answer: The resolution exhibits viewers how your product helped the client overcome challenges. While the narrative is essential, you may additionally need to use statistics to again up your buyer’s success to make the purpose much more persuasive.
- Provide a decision: The decision of your story ought to embrace subsequent steps for the viewer. What would you like them to do subsequent? Include a transparent name to motion on the finish of the video.
5. Conduct Background Interviews
Before you begin taking pictures, conduct background interviews along with your buyer. This provides you with a greater sense of the responses you’ll get on digital camera and the way they match into your narrative.
Conducting pre-interviews will familiarize your buyer with the questions you’ll ask them, to allow them to hone their storytelling earlier than showing on digital camera. It’ll additionally assist you to excellent your checklist of interview questions.
Here are some questions to think about:
- What does your enterprise do? Who are your clients?
- Where are you situated? How lengthy have you ever been in enterprise?
- What challenges did you face earlier than coming to us?
- Why did you resolve to use our merchandise?
- What differentiates us from our rivals?
- What’s it like to use our merchandise?
- What’s it like to work with us?
- How have you ever benefited from utilizing our product?
If potential, conduct your background interview(s) over video conferencing software program or in-person. This provides you with a superb sense of how comfy your potential topics is perhaps on digital camera and assist you to to select individuals to characteristic in your case examine video.
6. Write Your Script
You don’t have to be an expert author to develop a script in your video. Using your story arc as a information, construct out a script that tells the story of your case examine.
Introduce the character, give background data, define the main points of the issues they confronted and the way your product helped handle these issues.
Stick to the purpose and use a concise, conversational fashion. After all, 68% of individuals choose to study services by short-form movies.
7. Back it Up With Stats
While growing your script, determine areas the place you’ll be able to again up the story with laborious details. If your buyer has statistics about how your product elevated gross sales, drove conversions, or resulted in different measurable outcomes, embrace these numbers in your script.
Consider utilizing graphs or different visible parts to spotlight the figures on display. Whether you get the client to bodily stand in entrance of a chart otherwise you add it in post-production, this may be an effective way to spotlight the worth of your providing.
eight. Choose a Shoot Location
Where you shoot is an enormous a part of the general appear and feel of your closing case examine video. Determine what location is greatest fitted to the actual story your video will inform.
The shoot location might rely in your buyer’s trade: If they work in tech, it in all probability is sensible to shoot of their workplace. But, in case your buyer works in a hands-on subject like building or group growth, you may want to movie outside to seize the motion.
9. Develop a Shot List
Plan forward by placing collectively an inventory of all of the pictures you’d like to document. For each scene in your script, determine the way it ought to be shot. Your script may help information your shot checklist.
For interview movies, it’s your decision to strive a wide range of angles and shot sizes, from shut ups to medium pictures. Plan out B-roll pictures as nicely, so that you don’t miss any essential content material.
10. Sweat the Details on the Day of the Shoot
There are additionally a couple of key concerns you’ll need to keep in mind on the day of the shoot, to be certain that the whole lot runs easily. Don’t overlook to:
- Choose a quiet, well-lit location in your on-camera interviews
- Instruct interview topics to reply your questions utilizing full sentences, for the reason that questions will probably be edited out of the ultimate lower
- Gather a wide range of B-roll footage that exhibits the shoot location, the character working, pictures of your merchandise in use, and extra—it’s going to come in useful while you’re trying to add attention-grabbing visuals to the ultimate lower.
- Overestimate the period of time you’ll want to shoot so that you aren’t dashing to seize the whole lot
Don’t have room in your price range for a full-out case examine video? You don’t have to have skilled digital camera tools or the funds to go to a buyer in one other location to get the worth out of this kind of video.
Try asking joyful clients to document a brief testimonial video utilizing their webcam. You can present them with an inventory of primary questions to direct what subjects they concentrate on.
Vidyard’s Chrome extension is a free, easy-to-use instrument that makes creating buyer testimonial movies a breeze.
Where to Use Case Study Videos
Once you will have a compelling closing product, you’ll want to think about how to get it in entrance of your audience. Luckily, case examine movies are versatile items of content material that you should use throughout a wide range of advertising and marketing channels. Here are some choices to think about:
- Embed the case examine video in your web site, both on the homepage or a devoted case examine web page
- Include the video in a advertising and marketing e-mail to ship out to your leads
- Share the case examine in your social media accounts
- Incorporate the video into gross sales pitches and shows
- Expand your attain by selling the video in a digital advert marketing campaign
Put Your Videos to Work Create, host, handle, and share your movies.
Sign Up Free
three of the Best Case Study Videos to Inspire You
These three compelling case examine video examples may help inspire you to create fascinating testimonials of your individual.
1. Zoom Testimonial from Zendesk
This is a superb instance of a well-produced, well-told case examine narrative. It supplies a superb mixture of interviews with clients and B-roll exhibiting how they use the product. The interviews concentrate on issues the corporate confronted and the way Zoom solved these points, somewhat than itemizing its options. The video is brief sufficient that viewers received’t lose curiosity, however that it nonetheless tells a full story.
2. Google AdWords Case Study
This video is a superb instance of how getting out of an workplace setting could make for a visually participating case examine video. The predominant character is relatable and comfy on digital camera. She’s nice at telling the story of how Google AdWords helped develop her enterprise and seamlessly contains stats in her narrative. The supporting solid of canine extras doesn’t harm, both.
three. Slack’s Unique Take on the Case Study
If you continue to aren’t satisfied that case examine movies will be enjoyable and interesting, this humorous instance from Slack ought to do the trick. This is a distinct type of case examine video, as a result of it’s absolutely scripted, nevertheless it exhibits how essential it’s to inform a robust, relatable story. The video does an excellent job of integrating Slack’s options and advantages into on-camera interviews. And it illustrates how a little bit of humor can go a good distance towards convincing clients to put money into your product.