For entrepreneurs and companies, this time of yr is among the most chaotic seasons we’ve obtained. Not solely are we coping with the tip of yr madness with vacation offers, we additionally must be doing a year-end evaluation and diligently creating the methods that may carry us into 2019.
Video advertising has continued to develop in significance all through 2018, and that received’t be altering any time quickly. Because of this, alongside the emergency of latest traits and use instances, it’s necessary to take a while earlier than diving into 2019 to evaluate what video advertising methods are working for you and the way they need to be adjusted or modified for the brand new yr.
In this put up, we’re going to indicate you tips on how to assess and create your video advertising plan for 2019 so that you simply’ll be able to hit the bottom operating and make it your greatest yr but.
1. Assess Your Current Content Performance
Before you do anything, have a look at the place you stand now. Create a fast report that dives deep into the outcomes you get on every platform, and the methods that you simply’re utilizing. Look at elements like video size and elegance, the platforms you’re utilizing, and the varieties of storytelling that you simply’re implementing in your content material.
Once you do that, match up the various kinds of content material with their efficiency metrics. Look for engagement like clicks, shares, and reactions, alongside variety of views and look at completion/retention charges. High views implies that your attain on sure platforms are good, however a excessive view rely with low completion or click-through charges point out that the content material is related or highly effective sufficient to drive actions.
You can use native analytics instruments to assist with this. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube every of their very own analytics data that may give you particular efficiency metrics on every video, together with general traits.
At this stage, make a transparent word of what working and what isn’t. Your 2019 technique must be tailored based mostly on this data, doubtlessly enhancing what’s working along with some methods that may be falling just a little flat in case you don’t determine to do away with all of them collectively.
How to Decide What Needs to Be Changed
There’s no actual iron-clad option to know when a sure technique may be improved extra. This is true whether or not you’re seeing nice outcomes on a particular approach, or actually horrible outcomes.
Here’s my common rule of thumb:
- Even nice methods which are performing effectively doubtlessly have room for enchancment if we are able to discover why they’re doing effectively and give attention to that.
- Content that’s getting okay preliminary view charges however poor completion charges or engagement want some work. Maybe the varieties of movies aren’t resonating, or they’re too lengthy, or the story doesn’t transfer the viewers the way in which you’d hope.
- Videos getting virtually no views and just about zero engagement are under no circumstances related to your audience. Go forward and scrap these methods as a result of they aren’t working for you.
Testing will finally be the one option to know for positive and discover new tweaks on methods that may enhance what you’re already doing.
2. Evaluate Your Video Marketing Budget
If you’re already investing in video advertising, you’ve undoubtedly had a advertising funds. This funds will embody what you pay for video creation, consulting, script writing, modifying, and distribution, together with the instruments that will help you achieve this.
Numerous articles that you simply’ll examine video in advertising for 2019 let you know that the one method is to considerably improve your advertising funds within the new yr. While we’d by no means disagree larger advertising funds is an efficient factor, having the correct instruments will be sure that the advert spend goes to the correct locations.
Hiring a videographer workforce to return in and shoot prime quality clips, for instance, is an efficient funding, as is investing right into a distribution technique that may aid you maximize attain.
There are, nevertheless, instruments accessible that may aid you stretch your funds additional. Skip out on the video editor and get monetary savings with our software program as a way to make investments that advertising spend elsewhere.
three. Look for Opportunities to Diversify Content
Right now, you’ve obtained a number of methods that you simply’re utilizing. This might embody utilizing Stories for model consciousness, sharing product tutorials to YouTube, and utilizing dwell video to interact viewers.
Maybe you’re lacking the chance to share DIY content material to Instagram, model tales to Facebook or LinkedIn, or insider suggestions normally. Evaluate the methods that you simply’re at the moment utilizing, and see if there are different varieties of content material you possibly can create that may enchantment to your viewers.
You can check out various kinds of movies, together with Q&A content material, influencer content material, and common training content material. You may strive diversifying the kinds of movies you create; perhaps some may have voice-over narration, whereas others are a direct interview with staff, prospects, or workforce members.
Recommended for You
Webcast, January 16th: The Latest in Growth Hacking: Link Retargeting
four. Consider Your Goals
It’s necessary to take a look at the general advertising and enterprise targets that you’ve got for 2019 so you possibly can see how video advertising matches into it.
You might, for instance, wish to develop your social following or generate extra leads, and also you wish to use video to assist with that.
Use your targets to form your methods.
If you wish to develop your social media followings, create story-based advertisements that target your model mission, add them natively to every platform, after which enhance the posts to gather extra social proof whereas increasing your attain.
If you determine that you simply wish to generate extra leads, arrange a sequence of worthwhile, how-to content material on YouTube, after which have a CTA on the finish of every video sending customers to a related lead magnet like an e book or webinar that solutions their questions additional.
Carefully look at every of your targets, and attempt to discover particular methods that may mean you can attain them quicker with video.
5. Identify Brand Features & Stories To Tell
At this level within the course of, you possible have a stable thought about what varieties of methods you wish to use. It helps when creating a stable advertising plan to not solely have particular methods in thoughts, but additionally particular video storyboards.
This may embody having an inventory of product options or model tales that you simply wish to ensure you spotlight all through the subsequent yr. Having an inventory of subjects will aid you create related, seamless campaigns and promote them effectively, and it may additionally provide you with route. If you determine to make loads of your movies all at one time, this may also help you achieve this.
Let’s see an instance of what this may appear to be. The tampon firm Lola has had a number of unbelievable campaigns this yr, with movies like the next:
An imaginary record for them may appear to be this:
- Interview founders about why they began the corporate.
- Provide common training in regards to the unhealthy chemical compounds present in standard merchandise.
- Product-oriented video highlighting security and chemical-free nature of merchandise.
- Ask founders and influencers their first-period tales for model storytelling.
6. Take 2019 Video Trends into Consideration
No matter how efficient your video methods have been in 2018, that is one space the place you’re assured to wish to regulate your technique. Best practices do change as new options and platforms emerge and viewer habits shifts. As a end result, there are a number of traits that it is advisable to bear in mind when transferring into 2019 to remain on high, together with:
- Go cellular. All of your video content material must be cellular optimized. This means prioritizing vertical content material and maintaining the movies comparatively quick will probably be a sensible choice. You also needs to be sure that any touchdown web page your movies ship customers to are mobile-optimized.
- Go dwell. Live movies have gotten essentially the most extremely participating and ceaselessly watched movies on a number of platforms, together with Facebook. Make positive that dwell video is integrated into your technique.
- Get interactive. Do what you possibly can to make your video content material extra participating and interactive. Users expect extra, and maintaining the movies dynamic will go a good distance. Examples of this embody including polls to your movies, 360 video, utilizing scrollable Canvas Ads, and dwell content material the place you encourage consumer questions.
- Look into augmented or digital realities. Virtual actuality is simply too costly for many small companies, however augmented actuality is a good answer. You can rent builders that will help you create reality-based video experiences which are really personalised to your prospects. Even one thing so simple as somebody with the ability to “try on” that lipstick shade or see how your couch would look of their lounge can go a good distance. You can learn extra about this right here.
7. Evaluate Your Distribution Methods
What does your present distribution technique appear to be? Are you simply posting YouTube hyperlinks to Facebook and Twitter? (Please don’t do that: native content material performs higher).
Take a have a look at all of the distribution methods you’re at the moment utilizing, and look for new alternatives to attach your video content material to extra viewers members. This may embody:
- Sharing Stories to each Facebook and Instagram
- Sharing an Instagram Live onto Facebook afterwards, rising attain and views
- Using Facebook Ad or Instagram Ad campaigns to present your storytelling video advert a lift
- Embedding movies onto your website, weblog posts, or touchdown pages so as to add worth to the location and rising related views in your web page.
- Incorporating video search engine marketing, together with video sitemaps, .SRT information, and keyword-focused video descriptions and titles.
- Including video in your electronic mail campaigns.
- Partnering up with different companies and creating movies involving each of you to extend shares and visibility.
Video advertising was necessary in 2018, and it’ll proceed to be much more necessary within the coming years. Take the time now to evaluate your methods and create a brand new video advertising plan that may carry you into 2019.
Best practices have modified over the previous yr, with new options turning into accessible and consumer habits altering attributable to various various factors. Take that into consideration, and adapt accordingly so that you simply’ll discover success as a substitute of discovering your self caught.
What do you suppose? Have you created your video advertising technique for 2019? What new methods and strategies are you going to give attention to within the new yr? Share your ideas and questions within the feedback beneath!