This is a component two of a two-part article on reside streaming. Check out half one, Getting Started with Live Streaming, right here!
Your viewers desires extra reside content material. Whether your viewers is prospects, clients, and even staff, they need extra actual, in-the-moment moments.
How do I do know this? Because right now, individuals wish to really feel like they’re a a part of one thing, they’ve a concern of lacking out (i.e. FOMO). Not solely that, they’re additionally dying for content material that’s genuine, one thing much less fabricated than a meticulously deliberate out video set.
We all are.
Why, hey there reside streaming! But wait, not the complicated convention reside stream the place you need to rent a complete different manufacturing group … but additionally the trendy reside stream: any kind of reside occasion caught on video in real-time.
In a latest put up, we spoke all concerning the expertise behind reside streams … for all several types of reside streams. Here, we’ll dive into the right way to take advantage of out of your manufacturing with a formidable technique to again up any reside stream effort.
Put Your Videos to Work Create, host, handle, and share your movies.
Sign Up Free
But first … When Should You Live Stream?
Before we dive into the depths of the reside streaming black gap, let’s take a step again and have a look at all of the methods you would possibly use reside streaming right now as a result of:
- it’s use has expanded manner past streaming your organization’s person convention, and
- your technique might differ considerably, relying on which strategy you are taking.
Most reside streams fall into one of many following 4 classes:
- Event: conferences or webcasts
- Product: updates, launches, or reside demos
- Company: behind-the-scenes or firm bulletins
- Customer: assist or further contact factors
Building a Strategy for a Successful Live Stream
Now that you just’ve had a high-level overview of the place you possibly can make the most of reside streaming, it’s vital to set a devoted technique in your reside stream efforts. Of course, the everyday strategic elements that exist for any advertising exercise additionally exist for a reside stream manufacturing, like:
- What is the objective? There’s no sense in beginning any advertising initiative in case you haven’t outlined success. Are you attempting to get 300 extra MQLs? Or are you hoping to spice up weblog subscribers? Or perhaps even improve engagement along with your staff?
- Who are you concentrating on? Knowing this forward of time will assist you tailor your strategy so it’s hyper-relevant to a subset of your viewers as an alternative of a wishy-washy, generic message despatched to a broad viewers.
- Why ought to it’s a reside stream? Understanding why this medium is the suitable strategy to succeed in your objective and your target market will assist you get buy-in from all concerned events. Not solely that, it is going to assist you pinpoint nice alternatives for reside streaming and keep away from getting concerned just because it’s a “hot medium”.
- How will you market it? Based on the targets you need this reside stream to attain and the viewers you’re going after, how will you get it to them? Where do they hang around on-line (and even offline)? And how will you create a sense of need and urgency so (a) register for the reside occasion and (b) they really attend?
In addition, you’ll additionally wish to contemplate these facets distinctive to reside streaming like:
- How will you retain your viewers engaged?
- How will you lengthen the lifetime of your reside stream?
- How will you seize leads out of your reside stream?
- How must you measure a reside stream’s success?
Let’s dive extra into these attributes!
1. Increasing Audience Engagement with Live Streams
An in-person, reside occasion has a number of alternatives to take part. There’s time to ask questions or interact in dialog instantly with audio system or firm leaders. In the case of a private demo with a gross sales rep, “audience members” can tailor the course of the dialog and select the place to dive deeper.
This is a lot harder when your viewers is unfold throughout totally different geographies and sitting behind screens. But in case you can’t interact them with these supplemental actions they’d get in-person, they’re undoubtedly going to be extra more likely to drop off.
So how will you obtain the identical degree of engagement in a reside video? Offer engagement alternatives, that’s how. The hottest are:
- Polling the viewers and sharing information in real-time
- Participating in viewers dialogue or social chats through the broadcast
- Offering assets to reference or obtain all through the livestream
And keep in mind, get began on the suitable foot by internet hosting your reside stream on a day that’s extra more likely to have increased engagement from the get go. This is probably going in the midst of the week — Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday — in accordance with a latest ON24 analysis research.
2. Extending Live Content Beyond Now
The most important attraction to any reside stream is that it’s actually reside. It’s thrilling to affix a neighborhood on-line and be taught one thing new collectively or witness a nice new product launch for a firm you like with different individuals who really feel the identical. People everywhere in the world can tune in collectively from the consolation of their very own workplace or house and take part in discussions the identical was as if that they had flown midway the world over.
But the reality is, in case you don’t discover a technique to leverage that content material after the reside occasion is over, you’re lacking out.
Just assume: in case your CEO frolicked to organize an inspirational speak concerning the imaginative and prescient of the corporate, you higher discover a manner for that to be accessible afterwards as nicely. If your annual person convention introduced in 20 audio system and reside streamed all of the classes, don’t you need all that nice content material obtainable in your web site for future consumption?
Yeah, you do!
Make positive that any time you’re reside streaming, that you just’re additionally recording the video so you should utilize it at a later date. And keep in mind to construct a post-event promotion technique and/or electronic mail follow-up to ship this recording out and improve publicity.
three. Capturing Leads from a Live Stream
Best observe says that occasions are the foremost place you’ll make the most of reside streams as a lead seize initiative. I might are inclined to agree. Any of the opposite three sorts are both too early or too late within the funnel (or post-funnel) to be gating. Of course, I’ll add the disclaimer that every scenario is totally different!
So how will you really seize these leads?
Brilliant query. There are 5 most important methods:
- Pre-roll: A pre-roll lead seize includes a full kind or electronic mail gate instantly after the viewer clicks play.
- Teaser: A teaser lead seize is if you present a clip of the content material after which supply an in-video electronic mail gate or full kind.
- Post-roll: This is a full kind or CTA button after the video finishes taking part in.
- Parallel: A parallel lead seize is when a kind is proven beside the video because the video continues to roll.
- Re-direct: A redirect includes merely redirecting the viewer to a different space of a touchdown web page — or completely totally different web page — to finish the subsequent motion. This would occur on the finish of the reside stream or recorded reside stream.
Any 5 of those strategies shall be a nice technique to generate further leads out of your reside stream.
four. Measuring Live Stream Success
What will get measured will get performed. Right?
Obviously, step one in measuring your reside stream success is to know what your targets have been on the outset. But typically talking, you most likely wish to transfer away from benchmarking your self in opposition to variety of views and transfer in the direction of extra in-depth analytics indicative of a higher buy intent, engaged worker base, or lively clients.
To measure your reside stream’s affect, have a look at metrics like:
- Attendance numbers, registration numbers, and attendance to registration ratios
- Attention span, how a lot was watched, and the place viewers began to drop off
- Long-term recorded views days and weeks following the reside occasion
- Other metrics particular to your targets like MQLs generated, worker engagement, influenced pipeline, and many others.
Remember, if you’ve constructed out a good reside streaming technique, don’t neglect to take a look at this put up that Zack wrote on what you should make your reside stream come to life: Getting Started with Live Streaming.
Put Your Videos to Work Create, host, handle, and share your movies.
Sign Up Free