In virtually each situation, you’d reasonably your salespeople meet prospects in-person. People are extra sincere, agreeable, and prepared to do offers face to face. But how usually does that occur these days?
Many gross sales organizations rent gross sales reps who’re nice in-person and but most of them spend as a lot as 36% of their time hunched over electronic mail or on the telephone. And whereas these instruments assist them shut offers remotely, in addition they make the act of shopping for much less private. They make ghosting slightly extra acceptable, no-shows tantalizingly simple, and the entire means of promoting more durable.
The repair? Video for gross sales. And not simply for product demos, however movies at each stage of the gross sales cycle from outreach by means of to closed-won and handed off. We’re speaking about one-way video, generally known as asynchronous video, which brings again that high-fidelity face-to-face connection and all of the mutual accountability that comes with in-person conferences.
Asynchronous video is nothing wanting a gross sales secret weapon and this text will clarify how to use it to crush your quota.
- 1.The Benefits of Video for Sales
- 2.Where to Use Video Throughout Your Sales Cycle
- 2.1Grab Attention
- 2.2Breathe Life into Your Value Prop
- 2.ThreeMove Deals Towards Close
- Three.The four Types of Sales Videos
- Three.1Webcam Video (a.ok.a. Selfie Video)
- Three.2Screen Share Video
- Three.ThreeMarketing Personalized Video
- Three.fourVideo Playlist
- four.Video Selling Best Practices
- 5.Why Sales Teams Need a Video Strategy
- 6.Selling Your Team on Video
- 7.Get Up and Running with Video
- eight.The Key to Getting Started is Starting
The Benefits of Video for Sales
Video makes folks’s ears perk up. Almost all of us really feel compelled to click on a play button after we see it, and that provides you the ability to compel folks to watch your video, even after they wouldn’t learn what you wrote.
If you clicked the button above, you realize what I imply. Really, there are 5 good causes you ought to be utilizing video in your cycles.
- Break by means of inboxes and might earn 3x extra responses.
- Build relationships at a distance. Video makes folks really feel like they know you, which makes them extra emotionally dedicated and responsive.
- Explain complicated matters merely. Video permits you to present, not simply inform, and clarify extra totally.
- Save time. Higher response charges imply extra time spent really promoting.
- Accelerate deal cycles. Some firms minimize their deal cycles in half with video.
That’s in all probability why HubSpot has referred to as video prospecting one of many 10 expertise each gross sales improvement rep wants to grasp. (And they’re not the one ones who stand to profit.)
HubSpot makes use of video throughout their complete world gross sales group unfold throughout 5 continents. With video, they’ve achieved 4x booked conferences. Hear from three folks in HubSpot’s gross sales group on how they use video, how they rolled it out to such a big workforce, and why they assume it’s so essential to gross sales success.
Ready to strive? The solely query is the place it’s best to start.
Connect, Convert, and Close More Deals Easily create and share 1-to-1 movies.
Get It Free
Where to Use Video Throughout Your Sales Cycle
Not positive when to use video within the gross sales course of? In brief, video is helpful anyplace in your gross sales cycle the place you’d like greater conversions. It excels on the high of the funnel, the place you’re attempting to crack the eye barrier, but in addition within the center and backside, the place you’re attempting to dislodge sticky offers and information them to shut.
Subject traces that include “video” are 8x extra possible to be opened, and emails that include a video are extremely possible to get a click on. That’s much more true in the event that they embrace movement, as with a GIF thumbnail.
Video prospecting works simply as properly in LinkedIn InMails and Twitter DMs as electronic mail. In addition to driving new leads, they’re additionally efficient for cracking into goal accounts in account-based advertising applications. Wherever consideration is finite and standing out is paramount, movies assist.
This selfie-style outreach video from Commercial Account Executive Alana Couzelis is a good instance of video prospecting.
Breathe Life into Your Value Prop
When you’ve gotten somebody’s consideration, you may clarify your factors way more clearly with video than you may a novel-length electronic mail or a PDF that’s dense with screenshots. Video is nice for strolling by means of a deck or explaining the rationale you reached out.
Vidyard’s personal gross sales reps like to stroll by means of the prospect’s LinkedIn web page or web site to level out why they’re such a superb match.
Showing the prospect their very own firm’s web page gives a compelling cause for them to click on. In this brief—but efficient—video, a gross sales rep from League shares an introduction, the rationale for the video, a fast overview of a case research, and a call-to-action. All in lower than 90 seconds!
Move Deals Towards Close
Maintain deal momentum with video reminders. If you employ video all through your gross sales course of, prospects develop more and more accustomed to your face. Many Vidyard gross sales reps report that clients say they really feel like they already know one another by the point they meet, and that’s a giant aggressive benefit. It makes folks really feel extra accountable to you.
If a deal will get tied up over technicalities or stakeholders drag their ft, you may unstick issues with focused micro-demos. They’re good for prospects who really feel hesitant about committing to a full demo, or for explaining the worth proposition in phrases that matter to a selected enterprise unit. End the video with a hyperlink to your calendar.
Video continues to be helpful even when the deal is received. It’s nice for contract walkthroughs, handoffs to the customer support workforce, and help. Wherever issues want explaining, video makes it easy.
In this fast video, Customer Outcomes Manager Jacob Fernandes reminds his contact about an upcoming assembly in a private method, making a no-show far much less possible.
The four Types of Sales Videos
Most gross sales movies fall into 4 classes. Each has totally different strengths, and every serves a barely totally different goal.
Webcam Video (a.ok.a. Selfie Video)
Videos recorded with a webcam, usually generally known as selfie movies, are the workhorse of video in gross sales. They provide an almost face-to-face degree of non-public connection. Use them to construct relationships and introduce prospects to your workplace and your workforce—a technical gross sales rep, a buyer help rep, and even different clients.
In this outreach video, Vidyard gross sales rep Diana Huynh makes use of props to assist establish (and empathize) with her prospect’s ache factors. This artistic strategy helps them join with her.
Screen Share Video
Screen share movies are used for explaining complicated matters merely in a digestible format. They’re nice for displaying, not telling, prospects why you referred to as. Tour their website or app, your website or app, their LinkedIn web page, an article, or a diagram.
Pro Tip: Record a selfie plus a display share to get the most effective of each codecs.
In this display recording video, Vidyard Technical Account Manager Chris Broughton explains how to change a splash display. The bubble with his face within the nook makes even a simple video like this extra private.
Marketing Personalized Video
Marketing personalised movies are made by the advertising workforce, however gross sales reps can insert personalised components like a reputation or job title based mostly on the recipient. They’re nice for whenever you desire a mass marketing campaign but in addition a private really feel.
This video was created by Vidyard’s advertising workforce for gross sales reps (and everybody else within the firm) to ship out at any time when they obtain a prospecting message from a rep at one other firm. The video makes use of real-time personalization, so the sender can customise it to the recipient whereas composing a reply. The instance beneath has been personalised for “John Simpson.”
Playlists let gross sales reps tack a private recording onto a pre-recorded video. That method, they get all the advantages of an intensive clarification and high-production worth with out recreating it every time.
This playlist consists of totally different variations of Vidyard’s Three-minute demo video for totally different use instances: Marketing, gross sales, and inner communications. Viewers can watch all of them or skip forward to the person video that pursuits them most.
Video Selling Best Practices
You don’t want a video manufacturing diploma to make movies that promote. But, it does assist to pay attention to individuals who do have one, as a result of small changes make huge variations in how interesting and straightforward your movies are to watch. Consider your:
- Lighting: Position your self dealing with a window with daylight, if attainable.
- Sound: Use the microphone in your headphones and report in quiet areas.
- Location: Aim to use a backdrop that agrees with your consumer. If you’re promoting to giant enterprises, giant ethereal places of work or cityscapes. If you’re promoting to startups, brick partitions or open workplace flooring.
Above all, be attention-grabbing. That begins with your message. No quantity of video dressing can masks an irrelevant message that’s not value responding to. Tailor your:
- Thumbnail: Does your video thumbnail make folks need to click on? Try utilizing movement, with a GIF.
- Message: Why them? Why you? Why now? What’s the profit? Start by explaining why they, specifically, ought to care, then clarify a part of the way it works. But don’t give away every thing. The level is for them to have an interest sufficient to reply.
Why Sales Teams Need a Video Strategy
Video works greatest when the complete gross sales workforce is utilizing it. This feeds a virtuous cycle of experimentation, suggestions, and sharing.
Someone discovers that sending late-night movies to chief authorized officers will get nice responses? Everyone ought to strive it. Someone finds out that ending with a cliffhanger earns added curiosity? Make it a greatest apply.
Analytics could be a large assist. Reps might not all the time know whether or not the outcomes they’re getting are good or dangerous, and a gross sales chief with entry to everybody’s movies can uncover pockets of excellence.
For occasion, if one salesperson with common response charges closes an uncommon variety of offers utilizing video, that’s value realizing about. They ought to share their secrets and techniques with the remainder of the workforce.
Sales managers ought to have a look at:
- Email opens
- Email responses
- Meeting e-book charges
- Win charges
- View time proportion
Also think about how one can scale back your workforce’s effort. A good video platform can go information to your buyer relationship administration (CRM) system to alert reps when patrons watch, set off workflows when viewers don’t full a video, or rating leads based mostly on view time proportion.
Selling Your Team on Video
Not each gross sales workforce has video in its DNA. Some gross sales reps don’t initially perceive its potential, or don’t need to break their ingrained habits to strive one thing new. But the identical method you promote a deal, you may promote them on video’s productiveness beneficial properties.
There are two methods video sometimes spreads:
- Bottom Up: A rogue gross sales rep begins to exceed their quota, and a part of the story is that they’re utilizing video. The numbers say all of it, and different reps are fast to copy.
- Top Down: Leadership understands video’s potential and implements a video platform. In this occasion, it’s a good suggestion to certify salespeople on the usage of video, so that they’re armed with sufficient steering to see preliminary success, to get excited, and for the method to catch on. Sales leaders can use promotions or spiffs to encourage video’s use, and even make video mastery a prerequisite for promotion.
If you end up pitching somebody within the group on the advantages of video, do it based mostly on the group’s wants.
Do salespeople want extra high of funnel curiosity? Video in electronic mail can provide 3x greater response charges than electronic mail alone. Does the group undergo from a fancy product or gross sales cycle? Video helps set up and maintain relationships wanted to perform a year-long gross sales cycle with many stakeholders. Does the group need to do extra enlargement offers? Video’s nice there too.
Get Up and Running with Video
Don’t merely arm gross sales reps with video instruments. Create a video rollout plan that ensures that the political capital you’ve spent bringing video into the group doesn’t go to waste.
Ask your self:
- What software program do you want? You’ll want a video platform in order for you reps to share movies, create playlists, personalize content material, see analytics, and go all of that information to the CRM.
- Who wants to be skilled? Sales managers in addition to gross sales reps. The gold commonplace is a certification program.
- Who wants to be concerned to purchase and launch a brand new software program? Probably advertising and presumably IT.
- Where do you begin? Make it easy for everybody by figuring out the preliminary use-cases. Pick ones that play to your group or workforce’s strengths. Start small, look for success, then increase from there.
- How many movies per week? Set expectations for the amount of content material that gross sales reps are anticipated to make and ship.
- How is it going? Create channels for suggestions in order that successful leads to extra wins. If you share closed/received notes or different deal received notifications with the workforce, think about encouraging reps to be aware after they used video in order that others see it.
The Key to Getting Started is Starting
Video might help you hit your quota, for those who let it. When you get responses from prospects like, “Wow, never seen that before,” and “Honestly this is the best cold email I’ve ever gotten,” video turns into behavior. The advantages trickle all through the gross sales workforce and lift everybody’s numbers.
And that’s the way you construct a video-first gross sales tradition that persistently crushes quotas quarter after quarter after quarter…
Connect, Convert, and Close More Deals Easily create and share 1-to-1 movies.
Get It Free