TikTok is having a little bit of a second.
Allow me to share some stats that again up that assertion:
- TikTok now has greater than 500M lively customers worldwide, forward of Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- TikTok was the third most downloaded app in Q1 of 2019
- TikTok was probably the most downloadable app within the Apple App Store in Q1 2019–forward of YouTube and Insta.
However, regardless of TikTok’s immense success the final 12 months or so, we haven’t seen manufacturers undertake TikTok anyplace shut to “en masse” simply but. Instead, we’ve seen only a few model case research thus far.
This isn’t shocking contemplating the next components:
- Brand social groups are already taxed. I imply, how far more can we lob on their plates? None of the present work goes anyplace and now you’re asking them to add a wholly new platform that’s reliant on uber-creative concepts + video to make an affect? Good luck.
- TikTok isn’t fairly as user-friendly because the Facebooks and Twitters of the world. I’m not saying it’s not possible to determine, but it surely’s additionally not tremendous simple both. I believe this performs into what we’re seeing thus far.
- Most nonetheless see TikTok as one thing 12-year-old women are doing. Which, is true–to an extent. Yes, youthful women are energy customers. But, so are 21-30-year outdated women. And, we’re beginning to see folks and teams we weren’t seeing a 12 months in the past on TikTok. Just take a peek at this instance under–this @35Rocket account is a older, male welder with greater than 18,000 followers and 146,000 likes on TikTok!
So, manufacturers aren’t participating fairly but. There is a few concern. There are some resourcing challenges. But, I additionally suppose there are some simple methods to dip your toe within the TikTok pond–simply to get a really feel for what it’s all about.
I’d advocate making an attempt out one of many following 4 concepts to get your begin on TikTok:
- Engage workers in considered one of TikTok’s month-to-month hash tag problem. For instance, might you interact workers in producing brief movies utilizing the #weready hash tag in Sept.–a part of TikTok’s partnership with the NFL? According to the official description: “Show us how hyped you are for kickoff, whether you’re repping your favorite team’s jersey, living that tailgate life or putting the final touches on your fantasy team.” For reference, this hash tag already has 574,500 views.
- Have enjoyable producing movies round nationwide days associated to your model. In the case of Chipotle, they’d enjoyable with National Avacado Day and this brief video enjoying off The Guacamole Song.
- Feature worker behind-the-scenes-type content material to promote Employer Brands. Give potential workers a glimpse into your tradition by showcasing the ins and outs of what it’s like to work in your firm–however, in a enjoyable approach! This received’t work for each model, in fact, however I’d argue most manufacturers might stand to have slightly extra enjoyable on platforms like TikTok.